By Anonymous - 22/06/2009 16:18 - United States

Today, I had a job interview with a person named Chris. The entire time I couldn't figure out if Chris was a man or woman. The interview went as good as it could have went. At the end I said, "Thank you very much sir." Wrong gender. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 419
You deserved it 18 967

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well u should have said "thank u very much" and not sir

Comments

You could have just said "Thank you very much." It wouldn't have been impolite of you to leave out the "Sir" or whatever you say for ladies. Ma'am? Miss? Whatever. Your bad.

birds_fml 7

HAHAHAHAHA You think that's bad? One time at a store I worked at, we kept the restrooms locked because of theft, and I let a woman into the men's bathroom because I thought for sure she was a man.

I hate people who don't try to classify their gender and get offended if you don't call them by the right one.

You call your dad "sir"? Lul. Besides, by now, I'm sure Chris has gotten used to the gender issue. I mean it's really not that difficult to look like the appropriate gender. The only time I've had issues with genders is when people had the "ellen degeneres" hairstyle which is too short to be that of an average woman's; but too long to be that of a man's.

Maybe she wanted to be a man. i know someone like that.

mehwhateverr 0

YDI for guessing a gender instead of saying "Thank you, Chris"

You should of just asked are you male or female but if that wouldn't work then say something at the end like thanks for your time or say I ment to say maddem

honeyortar rules. Binary gender is outdated.

Indeed. It's a shame more people haven't noted this point. :/

Idiot! Open your eyes next time and listen with your ears and be gender neutral. FYL alright!

valuemeal2 1

The interview went "as good as it could have went"?? Ugh, YDI for massive grammar failure alone. *shudder* Please never reproduce.