By Anonymous - 25/04/2009 23:50 - Brazil

Today, I had a going-away party because I am leaving the country forever. Out of the 130 people invited, 60 were a resounding "Yes! of course I will go!". After paying $300 for everything needed at the party, 2 ended up coming. And left because nobody else was there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 91 136
You deserved it 5 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BigGuy99 0

From experience, never throw yourself a going away party and expect folks to come. Just tell folks you are leaving and if someone wants to organize something they will and invite people over and set it up. I have heard of several friends inviting over a hundred people to these things, just to see only about 0-15 show up to send their good byes.

I feel really bad for you, safe travels.

Comments

foltaggio 0
cheese1756 0

I feel sorry for you. But at least you will never have to see those jerks faces ever again (the ones that didn't show up when they said they would)

mate, you'd be cut! have a good flight! from a random.

mustkill46 0

OMG! that is some harsh stuff. :( I feel so sorry for you. TBH if i was you i would call each of them and be like...where were you? just to make them feel bad. Cause that is some really mean stuff. Hope new country turns out well and you find new and better friends.

That sucks. But at least you're leaving the country and will never have to see those people again! Make better friends next time.

tami1215 0

That really is horrible. Dust yourself off and look forward to your new adventures. Don't look back. There is no point wasting your efforts on people like that. Have a GREAT time in your new country!

that's terrible = ( your "friends" suck.... why are you leaving the country forever? You'll never go back? And where was your family?

I agree with #8. Your mistake was throwing YOURSELF a going-away party. Sounds egotistical. Probably turned off a lot of your "friends." Maybe now that you're leaving the country you have a chance to start over, beginning with that attitude of yours.

paperplanes92 0