By Anonymous - 25/04/2009 23:50 - Brazil

Today, I had a going-away party because I am leaving the country forever. Out of the 130 people invited, 60 were a resounding "Yes! of course I will go!". After paying $300 for everything needed at the party, 2 ended up coming. And left because nobody else was there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 91 136
You deserved it 5 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BigGuy99 0

From experience, never throw yourself a going away party and expect folks to come. Just tell folks you are leaving and if someone wants to organize something they will and invite people over and set it up. I have heard of several friends inviting over a hundred people to these things, just to see only about 0-15 show up to send their good byes.

I feel really bad for you, safe travels.

Comments

QJD 0

YDI for leaving the country. Enjoy exploration of the 3rd world.

ditlihi 0

Let's see.... $300 divided by 60 expected people....$5 a person. Wow! You were really going all out.

Why do so many people do that? Honestly so many people say they will show up to something but never do... When I say I will be there guess what... I'M THERE!

**** THEM THEY SUCK LIKE SHIT TEXT THEM AND TELL THEM THEYRE ASSHOLES THEN KILL THEM haha jk but rlly yea

BEB131 0

Lemme guess... you invited them on facebook..

what do you care you're leaving them forever, so you don't have to deal with there bs anymore

Well, you'll never see these idiots again so it's no big loss. Hopefully you'll find better friends in your new country. Put it this way, you won't need to pay to go back and visit them.

Maybe they got the date wrong? Haha if #91's right, you might've deserved that..

lol---> #14..... yeah. this is a definitely fmylife worthy story.