By Anonymous - 14/01/2011 07:38 - United States

Today, I got my car back from the shop. The engine has been rebuilt twice in the past 3 months. My check engine light just came on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 545
You deserved it 3 513

Same thing different taste

Comments

try tightening the cover for the gas intake (the screw on part)

foxhoundd 0

Highly doubt it's the driving skills that are the cause of the issues. Though coming from someone like you I guess I can see how you'd come to that conclusion.

UpsidedownKayak 9

You Audi get a new mechanic, one that can give you an Acura description of the problem with your car. It might be better to buy a new car if you can a Ford it. You need something reliable to get Toyota work and back.

123skyline 0

Here's an idea: GET A NEW CAR. You shouldn't be rebuilding your engine in the first place, it's not worth it half the time. It's high cost, and the engine never runs the same as it originally did.

Here's a thought- since it seems as though you may be mechanically inept and/or clueless, buy yourself an OBD II scanner. A good one runs you around $200. Buy one, and learn what the codes mean. Here in San Diego, getting the codes read costs arounf $80-$100; this is why I bought a scanner for myself. A check engine light can be anything from your O2 sensors, to your gasoline mixture running rich (too much oxygen), to your catalytic converter failing. The first thing I check if my check engine light pops on are my spark plug wires; an unseated wire will absolutely throw a code. So will bad spark plugs. And yes, mechanics do take advantage of women. That being said, I do also see a number of men taken advantage of when I'm in a shop, because their pride won't allow them to ask questions, and they bluster and bluff and bullshit their way through a mechanic's visit as though they know something. And as a woman, it seems to enrage them if I step in and suggest an actual, viable solution to their problem. Anyway, if you've had the engine rebuilt 3 times, perhaps you should find a more reputable mechanic and consider that the shop you've been going to might be run by idiots. Or perhaps that you've been paying for work that wasn't performed; after all if you think the check engine light is solely about the engine itself, and you don't realize that it pertains to the emissions system in some form or fashion 8 times out of 10, you're probably pretty easy for an unscrupulous mechanic to bullshit and scam.

sometimes its not the engine at all but the computer in your car. instead of rebuilding the engine again, get the computer chip in your car checked out. that probably has a lot to do with it.

just cuz ur light comes on doesn't mean the engine is bad :) believe me I blew motors all the time and I work on em all the time too :)

If you blow motors all the time, you must not know how to work on them properly. Jackass.

locster3000 3
brodie1709 5

check your gas cap, it could be as simple as that. and get a trusted and recommended mechanic.