By thebrokentardis - 22/09/2014 06:45 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, I got hit by a car while riding my bike to work. In the hospital, every single nurse lectured me about how I wouldn't be here if I wore a helmet, which I'm sure would be really helpful to my broken leg. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 651
You deserved it 5 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It wouldn't help your leg, but you should be wearing one!

Yeah, you should get a helmet for your leg.

Comments

And you wouldn't have said stop as a reply to all of the above.

deerhunting27 3

You should always look both ways ????

When I was little my friend got hit by a car on his bike, the doctors said the helmet saved his life. They passed a law for mandatory helmets for minors because of the incident. Sorry about your leg but, safety first; where a helmet.

Well, were you wearing a helmet? You should always wear a helmet while riding a bike. And look both ways. Of course, some people completely disregard cyclists, so it could be the fault of whoever was driving the car. But it sucks either way that you have a broken leg as a souvenir. FYL

You're lucky that it was only your leg.

About 3 months ago I crashed my bike. Got 8 new scars, there's a twig somewhere in my hand, and I think I dented my kneecaps (Collagen disorder, everything is soft). My helmet is what stopped me breaking my nose, even if it didn't stop a rock nearly going through my lip, and I busted my helmet pretty badly. It was a good strong one, if it wasn't enough to stop me doing more than grazing my nose when I faceplanted into a gravel patch I would have a whole face full of rocks. I was going downhill on an electric bike somewhere between 12 and 20 kmph, not entirely sure, the spedometer only works when the throttle is on. As for how I crashed, well, I dropped my MP3 and my first reaction was to clench the hand holding it... Which had its fingers over the front brake. The helmet was cracked right through, too.

Yeah, my inch thick helmet didn't save me from a rock through my lip or a rock in my knee. My yoga pants stretched and kept the wound clean, at least.

Hospitals be like: ok lets see you have branches sticking out of both eyes, missing an arm, and are vomiting blood. Let's check your blood pressure first tho.