By Volunteer - 13/09/2013 22:24 - United States - Elwood

Today, I got fired from my volunteer job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 003
You deserved it 11 016

Same thing different taste

Top comments

joefrazier 20

Well, what did you do to get fired?

Comments

If you volunteered as tribute, then its a good thing.....

I've volunteered for many charities, events, and the like and I've worked with people at these volunteer opportunities who need to get "fired"/asked to leave but I've never seen it actually happen. Most things that are asking for volunteers(at least in my experience) have always needed as much help as possible even if the 'help' isn't actually helping. I've said all this because I could not for the life of me fathom how you got fired from a volunteer job.

We've had to 'fire' volunteers from my department in the hospital for repeatedly not following the scent-free rule. It seems like such a small thing, but in a hospital especially, scents can be severely triggering, and there are signs every/we give them several warnings before taking it up with the head of volunteers.

That's understandable... Just because you volunteer doesn't mean you're above the rules.

Are you a vampire volunteering at a blood drive? :P

olpally 32

A volunteer job, means not getting paid. I understand it's a good thing because you sound like a humble and non-greedy person. How do you **** that up though if you're doing it on your own free will? Jesus. FYL and YDI for not being able to do a job for free.

Trinidad727 9
malamacatea 6

why da faq would you put this as intimate ?? moron...

Idk what you did to get fired but you must've messed up pretty bad to get fired from volunteering >.< so YDI

I wonder what would happen if you get a real job!!!!