By cpizzle12 - 29/10/2015 10:20 - United States - Manassas

Today, I got fired from my job a week before I started my new position in a different area of the company. My supervisor found out I was going to be making more money than her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 031
You deserved it 1 602

cpizzle12 tells us more.

cpizzle12 7

UPDATE: I talked with VP of sales s( he was going to be my new boss) .. And apparently something much more is going on that involves HR. HR drama going on I guess.. He will be further investigating this week and questioning the head HR lady that fired me. He called me today to get my side of the story.. Also asked me to email my resume to him. Lord willing the truth will be revealed!! I will update later when I find out more!

Top comments

Get a free consultation with an attorney, you most likely have a lawsuit here.

jentrynicole 20

That's definitely not legal. Get HR or someone involved.

Comments

Psycocharger 19

This sounds to unrealistic to be true.

Oh, nice, an FML that is more enraging than funny.

*sniff* *sniff* Is that a wrongful termination lawsuit I smell?

It could be a leftover scent from Natasha's FML.

Pretty sure there is a case for wrongful termination lawsuit

Sandman2015 12

Bring it to HR. Followed by the words wrongful termination and lawsuit. Watch how quickly they shit themselves and hire you back.

Then they fire back with the words "Virginia" and "right to work" watch how fast they laugh.

40, but there are laws against retaliation punishments. It could be argued that the boss fired OP in retaliation for OP getting a promotion, and that would at the very least cause issues for the OP's former boss. I'm sure HR also wouldn't be happy to know that the supervisor is firing qualified people and essentially sending them off to work for the competition, just because the supervisor is too immature to handle the idea of someone who worked under them, now being paid more.

Sorry, the point of adding bitch at the end was for what, exactly?

Because she clearly isn't a nice woman.

HR NOW!!!!!! I can't STAND people like that!!!!

Depending on where you live they can fire you if you have under 2 years service. What was the reason they gave you for your dismissal ? Follow up plz

I have had that happen before. I would definitely look into getting an attorney. Good luck! Hope it all works out for you!

your supervisor is bound by the law, regardless. you should find out what the laws are so you can work the system