By isellorangez - 09/10/2015 18:27 - United States - Pittsburgh

Today, I got banned from a suicide prevention forum for "attention seeking." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 903
You deserved it 3 574

isellorangez tells us more.

Hey, I'm the op and this is my first fml so I hope I'm doing this right. I thought I should say a few things based on some of the comments I read. No, I was not just being an asshat to everyone, I just posted a thread explaining myself and such. Shortly after I posted it I got banned for "attention seeking" and that's all the information I was given. Oh and all the people saying "******* emo" and such, I guess I look like the stereotypical emo, but seriously you could be a bit more mature about things.

Top comments

Go to somewhere else, there are actual people who care for you! I hope you get the help you need!

cooltatgar 31

but... isn't it ... I mean ... never mind seek help somewhere else op, friends and family, counseling hope you get better

Comments

suicide isn't the answer trust me I've been there. Cut for the longest time and contemplated suicide myself it ended up hurting others more than it hurt me. More people love you than you probably think. I'm here if you need to talk to someone.

Most states have implemented the 311 system, you can call that number and they'll help you find any social services provided in the area that would address your needs. The suicide prevention hotline is a great resource as well, many colleges also have targeted groups and they don't usually ID to make sure you're a student. Ask at your local hospitals as well if they have any resources or groups.

Looking into therapy would be a good option. It helps if you let it. Hope you get the help you need op

HerpNdurp88 0

If you have not killed your self you are not suicidal. Those prevention lines and sites ARE for attention ******. If you truly wanted to die you would do it.

HerpNdurp88 0

Besides no matter what you are going through it could always be much worse and eventually what's bringing you down will stop or go away.

Hey, I'm the op and this is my first fml so I hope I'm doing this right. I thought I should say a few things based on some of the comments I read. No, I was not just being an asshat to everyone, I just posted a thread explaining myself and such. Shortly after I posted it I got banned for "attention seeking" and that's all the information I was given. Oh and all the people saying "******* emo" and such, I guess I look like the stereotypical emo, but seriously you could be a bit more mature about things.

This kind of reminds me of the book 13 Reasons Why. I thought it was a good book and then a friend that read it too told me it was just the main character whining. Ruined the book for me because she was right. In sum, life is what you make it.

43-- except no one has any choice in what diseases they may be afflicted with. Your attitude is why there is so much stigma against people with mental illness.

As someone who suffers from a mental illness I'd like to point out that 43 is an asshat. Until you've experienced this you cannot judge.

I've found some so-called support forums to be way more toxic than your bog-standard general conversation forum too. I suppose it's because they're filled with troubled people and sometimes they aren't the best at behaving with empathy towards strangers. I hope you find the support you need soon.

I suffer from mental illnesses. Including past suicidal thoughts. It's so cliche to say, but things have gotten better. Keep your chin up, and look for support from other people. Good luck, OP.

I thought 43 was demonstrating how OP was being misunderstood in the forum. As in, OP was discussing real problems, but people were misreading her / him as "whining."

I'm sorry, Hun. You'll pull through this. There are always other people to turn to. Therapists, friends, family, etc. I'm so glad that you're seeking help. I'm sure that what you are going through is rough but you'll get through it. Stay strong!

Support forums are not great places to go, they're often filled with trolls or people who don't really understand or want to understand. Normal general forums are much better options, in fact it could be any forum from gaming to kink. As long as they're people you trust and are helpful/understanding I can't talk for those with mental illness but just from lurking on the chat room on the forum I'm usually on I can see people are much more supportive than those I've actually met in real life. Just because a place is designed to help you doesnt mean it will, its not where you go, its who you talk to

I also find support forums are a lot of who has it worse competition. Very little actual support of people trying to get better - or at least have some sort of life.

Misskreher 30

43, that was an amazing book. You can go f yourself.

Tattoo_Freak 15

Hi OP. So many people are ignorant and do not believe that this is a serious disease. Screw the naysayers. You need a strong support system, and I hope you find some good support. In the meantime, message me anytime! Stay Strong.

I read that book as well. I thought it was a good book.

Britt125 16

That is incredibly stupid, not a very good prevention resource is it? Shame on them. I'm so sorry OP, don't give up. There's many other resources out there, a quick google search for suicide prevention in your area should bring up tons. It fantastic that you want help, that's such a massive step to getting past this, so hang on to that. I've been suicidal before and I know it's so difficult and it might be hard to believe right now but it does get better so don't give up. I wish you all the best, OP.

20 some odd years ago I had a bout with severe depression & called a hotline like that. The person on the phone was very rude, swearing at me & told me to "stop having a f'ing pity party, grow a pair & be a man & not to call back"

Was that person Arnold J Rimmer? but seriously they could not have worked there - surely?? I mean that is unbelievable. Maybe they felt they couldn't take the calls anymore but sheesh it is their job. I cannot believe they were allowed to continue working there after that!That is awful that they would say such a thing. I am so sorry OP.

This is so ****** up :/ , m glad u pass through it