By MissDQ - 30/11/2013 09:07 - Australia - Perth

Today, I got accused of trying to steal clothes because I was taking so long in the fitting rooms with only a couple of items. I got stuck in one of the shirts I was trying on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 356
You deserved it 5 395

MissDQ tells us more.

OP here. Someone else pointed it out to the attendant that I'd been in there for a while and since I'm 'a kid' I MUST have been trying to steal something. The attendant just quietly asked if they could check my bags and stuff the same way they do if you leave the store without buying but have bags in your hands. I'm not big, but I do have big boobs. Some clothes go on fine but when you go to take them off they won't go over them and you start to panic. I'm a fairly standard size and I do often go one size up, but this was one of those sheer tops with the singlet underneath and those suckers don't stretch and it's hard for anyone to get them off if they're lucky enough to work out where their arms are supposed to go and can get the thing on. Heck, my mum is tiny and there's been plenty of times I've had to help her pull something over her head because she's stuck. It's not normally a store I shop at but was out with my family which I haven't done in a long time as I lived away till recently and they had a great deal, so why not ? I'm not going to sue them, there's no point ? The store didn't accuse me, some asshole who can't mind their business did. To top it off, I went through the self serve checkouts and the alarm went off as I walked out and the attendant pulled all the bras I bought out of the bag in the doorway to make sure they didn't have any of those big plastic security tags on them. I did have a DVD for another store in my bag and we put it down to that.

Top comments

Hey OP, I know how ones breasts can make a shirt made from good fabric feel like a freaking corset, so I'm sorry for you. I'm glad to hear your opinion about this, and that you know the employee just did his work by appropriately reacting to a costumer complaint regarding you without being unneccessarily offensive´or rude. Hope your new bras will live longer than a couple o' months :D

Since when is it not okay to take your time trying on clothes? You're trying them on for a reason, people need to lighten up

Comments

Did they call security and all? Or just the sales people making false accusations?

Did they believe you when you showed them? I don't see an FML, I see an inconvenience

Lol u must be a bit unorganised to be in this situation

cryssycakesx3 22

I find X to be most unorganiZed of letters.

Too many 'mericans aren't aware of legitimate alternate spellings.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

... I'm small and have gotten stuck in clothing before

I've never gotten stuck in clothes. So your theory is invalid. (I'm big and I choose bigger clothes because I know the potential of getting bigger)

@21 I have gotten stuck too and i have a smaller frame! It is all these stupid stores that sell the "same sizes" A 2 in American Eagle is so small compared to in a department store. Why can't stores just make the same sizes? Europe does it with the waist measurements

Sweetpea22 14

Gee, my aunt is 125 lbs and that is the correct weight for her height and she has gotten stuck before. I guess she is a fatass to you

#72, I suppose I am a fat ass according to #21 and #97. Oh so before you guys ask: 110lbs 5ft 1in. It's called being a 32D. Shirts get stuck lol

jefrey 9

next time dont force shirts to make 'em fit in..

It's not that women force shirts.. They go on real easily and will even be the correct size, they just don't always come off as easily. -.-

ZY1431 24

u can do that but some sales people can be real dicks.

I understand they were trying to be extra careful, but they shouldn't have accused her for stealing just because she took longer than normal in the fitting rooms. I've had that same problem of getting in and out of clothes and have took a while, but no one pointed the finger at me for shoplifting. I hope they'll understand the issue you had.

Sizing varies from store to store; even within a store if they carry different brands. Most people look at clothes flat(2D) and think it's too big for them; they forget that it's going to be worn around the body(3D). It's a simple mistake that we all make. Next time take two sizes; try on the bigger one first just to play it safe.

I can understand why they could have been a little suspicious; some people use the stress on associates & busy store durning the holidays to steal. This isn't an excuse for them to accuse you of stealing. Most stores have a rule about that too.