By quietecho95 - 20/03/2015 15:40 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a call from the ICU. Apparently, my boyfriend has been there for 3 days and I'm the only person who didn't know. Even my parents have been to see him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 179
You deserved it 5 388

quietecho95 tells us more.

This is the OP. Actually I had a baby a few months ago with him. We don't live together and it's common for him to disappear for days at a time. He's okay. It was actually a suicide attempt and he's in a clinic now. We were texting but he didn't tell me because he didn't want me to freak out because this makes 6 attempts in a year. My parents didn't tell me because they were leaving town and knew there was no way I could take my infant into ICU.

Comments

Sounds like you don't give half a shit about him. If I didn't hear from my girl in days I'd be trying to figure out what's up.

I was wondering when somebody would point that out.

You shouldn't assume that they weren't in contact. They could have been messaging but he didn't tell her as he was waiting for a better time ect. Or maybe they have a long distance relationship and he lives in another state so they don't talk that often and again he didn't want to worry her ect.

hockeygoalie13 15

The ICU isn't just for "sick" or "injured" people. It's for people who have a serious medical problem. Hence, it's called the "intensive care" unit. The boyfriend was probably not texting if he's in the ICU.

Wait, why's he the bad one? Says a lot about OP if she didn't even know how her boyfriend was doing. For 3 whole days.

Guard_Babe 19

Maybe he didn't want you to see him until he looked or felt a little better!

maybe he didn't want you to see him like this.

Hope it was due to an illness that he was in the hospital and not an accident. Your three-day absence could leave you without an alibi and make your prime suspect for anything that may have contributed to his hospitalization How close are you anyways if you're not in touch for three days?

Maybe he didn't tell you because he was in ICU and wasn't well enough to call. Your parents should have told you though! And what kind of relationship are you in that you don't think it's strange not to hear from your bf in three days?

"I C U" are not apparently his emergency contact?!

UhHuhHoney 20

They probably didn't want to worry you..

So your own parents saw him and didn't think to tell you that your boyfriend was in the ICU