By swee t - 21/09/2016 19:02 - United States - Greensboro

Today, I got a bill from my former attorney for the call he made to me begging me not to turn him in for stealing all my money and almost causing me lose my home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 586
You deserved it 1 046

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As you're no longer his client, the bill is null. So I wouldn't worry about it. Sorry to hear about him duping you though. Hopefully he gets his just desserts.

Report him to your local Bar Association. If it's bad enough they might disbar him. Also, if he caused you harm or cost you money, sue him. If it's a small amount, take him to small claims court. That way you avoid using another lawyer altogether.

Comments

He should be a former attorney in the other way after stealing his money

blackrose1996 11

And you agreed? Sorry OP but I'm putting the blame to you on this one

Scorpio1691 29

i loathe lawyers. the whole damn lot of them

As somebody once said on a newsgroup that I frequented, imagine you get a tyre replaced, and the new tyre blows out and you hit a bridge: you've got the insurance company trying to deny your claim, the state billing you for the damage to the bridge, the workshop denying hat it's their fault... And in the middle you've got your lawyer trying to fight them off and get you some compensation. When the bard said "First thing, let's hang all the lawyers" it was somebody planning a coup.

Contact the local news agencies with all available evidence. If nothing else it will make it harder for him to pull this crap again.