By S. Fancyson - 16/04/2013 23:23 - United States

Today, I gave my wife a birthday present. For months she'd been talking about an expensive treadmill that she wanted, so I bought it. Her reaction when she saw it was to yell, "YOU THINK I'M FAT!" and burst into tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 442
You deserved it 9 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If someone gave me a treadmill, that would be the best present ever.

Comments

I sense some down voting in your future.

That is such a lose/lose situation for you that it isn't even fair. You meant no harm, you thought you were getting the hints for a perfect gift. I hope she saw that you meant well after she got so flustered.

Sod the ungrateful cow, return it and buy yourself something instead since she obviously doesn't appreciate the fact you listened to her hints and acted on them. You weren't to know she was gonna go all "vulnerable and insecure" on you.

What a catch you must be! How about he takes it back and gets her something else? Your advice would only get the man in more bother, lol.

Return the treadmill to the store asap. Nothing worse than an ungrateful person.

strawberrywine22 30

Unfortunately, we women can be rather complicated. Many of us would have been grateful and appreciative, but for a great number of women, you don't EVER give them something related to weight or beauty (scale, treadmill, makeup, etc) as a gift.

I would turn the tables on her and yell at her back, she shouldn't have mentioned it so many times if she didn't really want it. It's probably annoyed her because now she HAS to workout... she can't use the "well I don't have that treadmill yet" excuse.

UnluckyGenius 21

"Surprise honey! This puppy was your real gift and I look forward to walking him with you daily." Boom saved

You people hear about the man who finally figured out how women's logic works? neither did I...

You deserve it for not taking her somewhere nice or buying her something sexy! Women want something that can be shown off. Like lingerie or jewelry. Make this a lesson to be learned for next year...

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

stick to sth that works next time. Buy her flowers. Or jewelery.