By outofajob - 01/01/2015 23:03 - United States - Farmington

Today, I gave feedback on how our store is run at the owners' request, because they don't understand why everyone keeps quitting. I guess they took it personally, because they asked me not to come back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 545
You deserved it 2 825

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some business owners aren't meant for business

People rarely see the positive side in constructive criticism. Most just dwell on negativity without giving notice to the potential for change.

Comments

Goblin182 26

The truth? They can't handle the truth. Because deep down they want you at that job, they need you at that job. When your employer asks for your opinion they really only want to hear what a good job they are doing.

KhaleesiDannie 26

Guess they were looking for a parrot rather than a canary

Did that store happen to be Amy's Baking Company, by any chance?

FroggerForReal 11

anonymity should've been the best road for that. But don't worry about that if an establishment runs like that they're eventually gonna be letting you go because of it closing down so it's best that you're not there.

So pretty much what happens in most Kitchen Nightmare episodes. The owner asks for help and then gets pissed off when the helper points out flaws

The store is worse without you OP if everyone keeps quitting and they fired you, then I'd have to imagine they have major staffing issues.

Best wishes in finding new employment. Just remember not to talk badly about this employer in interviews because it only reflects badly on you as the interviewee. Unfortunately, politics is a real thing in the workplace, take it as education for the future--take an employer's call for your "honest opinion" as a red flag and keep replies vague.

Man, some businesses don't like feedback..

Never leave advice if they figure out who you are. My job is the same way. Okay maybe not the same way. People try to get fired not quit. Someone mooning the camera does not surprise me anymore; but oddly not grounds for firing.

bsums203 13

That sucks. What exactly did you tell them?