By Mandi - 28/08/2012 00:09 - United States - Cary

Today, I found out why my District Manager won't promote me to store manager; his wife thinks he's having an affair with me. If he promotes me, she will take that as evidence of the affair, and then will threaten to divorce him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 353
You deserved it 1 708

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't say this often, but... bitches be crazy.

Lizza330 28

Well someone needs some marriage counsiling.

Comments

Seriously, contact your local EEOC office or the Human Rights Commission. I don't know if they could do anything, but it never hurts to ask and seems like it would be some kind of discrimination.

twilightriforce 10

If I were you, get Human Resources involved. Maybe a marriage counselor for the DM as well. But keep in mind, the DM could be just telling you an excuse as to why he won't promote you. This way he can promote someone else instead that may be better qualified. I hope that's not the case though because getting promoted within a company is a great start to a management career. Best of luck.

gixxergirl74 5

What does that got to do with anything?

Quit. Better now then in 10 years when your working for the same pay/job just because his wife is ******* crazy.

PhishloverA 14

It's not like he has to tell his wife he promoted you. Or he could say he promoted another male

maemadness 2

My mother got demoted at her job for the same reason.

Try pulling the "I'm a lesbian" card on the wife. It works more than you realize

Crazy woman :s Well .. at least she doesn't want him to fire you ))

Butch up a bit and see if you can convince the wife you're actually a man / transvestite.

From the sound of it, if you live in an at will employment place, and all that is effecting the work environment, you should fire the husband. I say that only because it also eliminates his sister from the equation. I also want to point out that honestly there is not enough information to determine whether or not the DM has actually done anything to deserve the paranoia. Some people are just paranoid beyond belief. I do not know if it is a self confidence issue, control issue, or simply them being screwed in the head, but some people will take simply walking into a room occupied by the opposite gender as a sign their spouse is cheating. I knew a guy once who was convinced his girlfriend was cheating on him in college simply because she stayed an extra half hour one day to talk to a teacher during their office hours. I also knew a woman who was convinced my mother was trying to make a move on her husband even though my mother would have had carnal relations with a wild pig before she would have even considered touching the guy. Some people are just crazy and without the information we don't know if the DMs wife is one of those or not.