By BlueyedKat - 27/02/2016 06:03 - United States - Huntsville

Today, I found out that the money I spent on a very specific degree was wasted, because apparently, I don't qualify for a job at the place that told me I had to have that degree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 628
You deserved it 2 049

Same thing different taste

Top comments

friedpwnadge 25

Screw 'em and find a place that will accept your degree.

Comments

That sucks so much!! But just because that one place won't hire you doesn't mean nowhere else will. The money isn't wasted, there are always transferrable skills and you could maybe do an internship or a masters. But the experience of obtaining that degree is extrememly valuable. And few other people will have the specialist knowledge you do or will have done the same things as you.

Why would you get such a specific degree that only one place of employment told out to get? Not a smart idea. Things like that are reliable.

Knowledge matters. Use it to get some other good job. Good luck! :)

mm12344 8

I highly doubt that was 100% your only option.

Unfortunately, I know the feeling. Don't give up OP, find the job that'll accept your degree. Best of luck OP..

AdamTodddBrown 11

Lol kids these days. Not everybody is meant for college and a lot of degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on. You spent way too much money to learn that.

Mathalamus 24

nowadays, all jobs pretty much require a degree, or they wont hire you, unless there's literally no one else.

Yeah, 18, they should go pluck a job off the job tree instead! Don't these darned kids know anything?!

AdamTodddBrown 11

Good thing y'all know what you're talking about. Like it or not experience and who you know go a lot farther than education in most fields.

To an extent. Most jobs like that will never get you much further past $35-40k a year and are typically unfulfilling at best making long term employment a nightmare. My current job caps pay for what you can do without a degree at $50k. Get a college degree, any degree at all, and suddenly its $80k.

You and a large portion of America. Hopefully you will find another job that will accept it.

they want someone 20-30 years old with 10 to 15 years of experience. FML