This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Broker Than Broke - 16/06/2016 14:30 - United States - Wesley Chapel

Today, I found out that my father had taken 9,000 dollars out of my college fund. Why? He needed to pay my sister 500 dollars a week for groceries. He just "forgot" to tell me. I've been financially cut off for a year and I use that fund to pay for school and my own groceries.
I agree, your life sucks 259
You deserved it 20

Top comments

Sady_Ct 37

Damn! That's a lot of groceries! How does one spend $500/w in groceries?

To be completely honest, I don't think he's using the money for groceries. 500 dollars is a lot of money. Also if its YOUR college fund, and YOUR account, he has no right to take that money by law.

Comments

Sady_Ct 37

Damn! That's a lot of groceries! How does one spend $500/w in groceries?

To be completely honest, I don't think he's using the money for groceries. 500 dollars is a lot of money. Also if its YOUR college fund, and YOUR account, he has no right to take that money by law.

While I agree that sounds unfair, if that was all his money he personally put into the fund then he can can do whatever he pleases with it.

Who put the money into the account? It sounds like both you AND your sister need to grow up and start paying your own way in life.