By Akestarr - 02/12/2013 13:28 - United States - Georgetown

Today, I found out that my dad paid for my sister's friend's airplane ticket so she could attend my sister's wedding. I would have been there myself, but I couldn't afford the airplane ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 357
You deserved it 3 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wonder what your sister's friend did with your father to earn that plane ticket.

luckyone365 7

Damn, Socrates. How did you figure that one out?

Comments

Are your parents attending? That would give you a ticket..

What a great dad u have there...for some reason he chose your sisters friend over you!!:/ and that pretty messed up!!

Or the friend could have persuaded the dad to buy her a ticket. If you know what I mean.

Most people don't just randomly decide to get married the next day or week. If your finances are low you should have bought your ticket as soon as the date was announced. Did you even ask anyone for help?

Sitting_Ducki 8

Well you know who you shouldn't invite to yours

mxij 13

Maybe you didn't ask fast enough? Either way, fyl

You make it sound so easy as if OP doesn't have to pay rent, the bills, food, etc. I don't know what bubble you're living in but some people *gasp* live pay check to pay check; not everyone can afford certain things because they work.

Was your sister's friend IN the wedding party? Like the bridesmaid? That'd make a difference.... Did you tell your dad you couldn't afford it? Maybe he didn't know...

perdix 29

Although the Lufthansa doesn't know what the Wright is doing, we are trying to be United in pun.