By Lasko - 12/08/2009 19:37 - United States

Today, I found out that just because you collapse from dehydration on the sidewalk, it doesn't mean people are going to stop driving to see if you're okay, even if they saw you fall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 212
You deserved it 6 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Twidragon1000 0

Well someone helped you, because you got online. Now I hope nothing serious happened, and your all right.

Comments

I'm sorry that it took you this long to realize people in general suck.

There are too many stupid comments here for me to weed through all of them. I saw maybe 2 that knew what they were talking about. This has been mentioned before, and I'll mention it again. It's not a lack of courtesy or plainly the fact that "people in general suck" that caused so many drivers to neglect the OP's obvious need for medical attention. It's called the Bystander Effect, people. Basically, it's a psychological term for the social phenomenon in which the more people are present during an emergency, the less likely a person is to react or help out. So if 100 drive by and watch OP collapse, each driver is going to think "Someone else will deal with it," whereas if OP collapsed on a back-country road where people seldom drive by and just one driver saw him, that driver would be more likely to stop and help than any of the hundred drivers on the busy road. Get it? No? Then google it. Even better, go to CranePsych.com and learn something.

It's lame in my opinion, how people don't really give a s**t when something happens to some1, they don't care as long as their butt is safe.. helpful people are hard to find these days. FYL it is =/

If you lived here in Canada, someone definitely would've stopped within seconds, especially if you were in Alberta... I moved here a little over a year ago and I've found that the people are in less of a rush, really friendly and polite and actually enjoy helping people/interacting with others in any way instead of just ignoring them. Yay Canada! :)

if you weren't in the middle of a desert why were you dehydrated

Stop being a whiny needy bitch about this.

lol32360 0

YDI for living in texas where its soo hot

you must live in the suburbs... move to the hood and all the crackheads will run n help you lol