By Lasko - 12/08/2009 19:37 - United States

Today, I found out that just because you collapse from dehydration on the sidewalk, it doesn't mean people are going to stop driving to see if you're okay, even if they saw you fall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 211
You deserved it 6 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Twidragon1000 0

Well someone helped you, because you got online. Now I hope nothing serious happened, and your all right.

Comments

Seriously how does one collapse from dehydration? (Unless of course, you have medical condition, in which case I understand) Otherwise, if you're short of breath or something, get a bite or a drink.. Whats so hard?

indian_goddess 0

seriously? you DO collapse from dehydration and staying out in the texas heat for a while. you start feeling dizzy and faint and then just fall on the ground. anyways, looks like there's a shortage of good samaritans these days.

Everything we drink hydrates us. Why? Because a milkshake (pretty much the thickest thing you can drink) is 75% water. Fruit juice? 85-88% (depending on the water content of the fruit). Pop (Soda for Americans, fizzy drinks for Brits and Aussies)? 90%. Yes, that's right, pop has a higher water content than fruit juice. It is true that water is the best purely for hydration. But it is absolutely not the only thing you can drink to get hydrated. The caffeine has a miniscule effect. The sugar is slightly worse, because dihydrogen monoxide is required in the processing from glucose to fat, but it's also released when the process is reversed. In short, the people who say pop doesn't hydrate you (or worse, dehydrates you) have incorrect information. Likely spread through rumors intended to stop people consuming soft drinks. Water is the best hydrator (considering 'hydration' is the level of water in a system), but by no means is it the only one.

You should probably carry a water bottle around with you... Or is that too much to ask?

Drink more water. This will prevent further whining about people driving by you falling, probably thinking you just tripped over your own two feet. YDI.

tronstar 0

Seriously, if you live in Texas you should know better. You do not collapse from dehydration just from being out in the heat. Drink some ****** water. And I would never expect someone driving to stop and help me if I fell because people in cars probably just thought you tripped and fell. Dumb as ****.

letitbe56... I am not saying Coke is as good as water. I am saying you can get adequately hydrated drinking only coke. It would murder your teeth, but that is a separate issue.

Clicked both because while someone collapsing is serious in itself and ignoring that is callous, being dehydrated enough to collapse is ******* retarded and entirely your fault. Perhaps now you'll have a little more common sense, enough to offset the lack of compassion in others, mm? I also strongly recommend driving cautiously, not using a cellphone while doing so and wearing a seatbelt, lest you find that people also won't call for help when you're thrown through your windshield and trapped beneath the splintered tree you managed to hit. I have many more tidbits that would save you a lot of trouble (and help avoid the reliance on good samaritanism) that are probably not part of your lifestyle, if you'd like to hear them.

. . .bystander effect. -__- FYL. At least you're okay?