By Ishii - 07/02/2010 18:58 - Canada

Today, I found out that, if timed just right, the alarm function on my phone can be disabled by a text message. And my dad has an impeccable sense of timing. I was 20 minutes late for work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 022
You deserved it 3 267

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lol wow, what are the odds, that sux big time =P

Comments

They made an amazing thing called an alarm clock which that thing built into your phone is based off of. It works great and doesn't get interrupted by texts. SERIOUSLY why the hell do people use their damn phones as an alarm clock? Alarm clocks aren't expensive.

Because it's even more stupid to go out and buy an alarm clock when you have something that works like one, dumbass. You really need to take this into account during this global recession. Wasteful spending!

What #136 said. Plus, cell phone alarms are generally way more versatile. Mine can store multiple alarms, which can be set to once, daily, weekly, or even weekday-only (will repeat every weekday, but be silent on weekends). They can be set to come with a little text reminder of something you might want to remember at that time. And of course, the alarm itself can be set to any mp3 you can imagine. And those features are very BASIC for a cell phone alarm. But show me a regular alarm clock that can do all of that, and I'll point out the price tag.

Cell phone alarms are way too quiet for me, I just sleep through them :/

boatkicker 4

If they're too quiet turn up the volume. That's another great thing about cell phone alarms. You can almost always change how loud they are. When I lived at home I found the perfect setting that woke me up, but didn't wake my sister in the next room over. My real alarm clock did wake her up, every morning, a lot earlier than she needed to be up (and she was rather cranky about it). Thats why I eventually stopped using it.

Some cell phones ARE inherently too quiet though. Their max volume is just too low. But if you find the right combination of cell phone + MP3, you'll be able to get up no problem. For example, I can sleep through some pretty loud stuff. My dogs barking (including a german shepherd), other peoples' alarms (three different types, including one in the same room as me a few years back), thunderstorms, no issue. But my cell phone alarm is loud enough, particularly because it plays a heavy metal track that I've edited to start right on a jarring note rather than at the beginning of the song. Works every time. Now I've got the convenience and reliability I need... as long as I remember to plug it in if it's low on battery!

why r u arguing about punctuation anyway! f ur life for actually arguing about whether or not the punctuation mark goes in or out of the quotations! seriously!

x805xUnknown 6
Octwo 16

damn i wish i'd receive a quarter everytime someone argued samantics over an fml.

that's not a fatherly thing to do. that's a younger brotherly thing to do.

The father didn't do it on purpose. Nobody knew it was going to do that.

houston21 0

Okay. Seriously. I hope your phone has the function of setting more than one alarm. YDI if you didn't set more than one. And even on top of that, you should have another backup alarm just in case your other one doesn't go off.

fake the text alert would have woken u up

you're late for work! quick! put ut on FML! pathetic