By hellnooo - 15/08/2009 23:06 - United States

Today, I found out that I puke and then pass out at the sight of blood. I am a 16 year old girl expecting hundreds of periods to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 083
You deserved it 7 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haven't you seen blood before you turned 16?

alice_xoxo 0

Comments

Autumnatic 0

I found out at about that age that i pass out at the sight of blood by closely watching my friend get her blood drawn, interested. then i hit the floor, recovered, and hit the floor again. so it's not a FEAR necessarily. it can be an uncontrollable physiological reaction. although period does have a lot of blood, i don't get it from that. (yeah, its uterine lining PLUS a lot of BLOOD to those saying its not.)

Seriously.. if you haven't gotten your period at 16 years old, you might wanna think about seeing a doctor. That's WAAAAAY late for aunt flo to come by. If you want to be able to have children one day, I'd say you definitely need to get checked out.. one has quite a bit to do with the other...

seriously? who the hell are you to being be giving medical advice? are you a gynecologist? i doubt it because any obgyn would be able to tell you that 16 is NOT "WAAAAAAY late" to be getting your period. in fact, it is perfectly normal for a girl to get their period as early as 8 or 9 and as late as 18 or 19. it has a lot to do with size- petite girls or very skinny girls are likely to get it later. also, genetics. my mom got it when she was 16 and so did i. any gyno would also tell you that when you get your period has NOTHING to do with your ability to bear children in the future unless you are way past the acceptable range of ages. Unless OP plans on having children at 16, she has nothing to worry about. just because the average age is around 12-13 does not make it abnormal to have it at 16. maybe do some research before you spew any more bullshit on the internet.

Theo. You are so ******* dumb. Little blood? And a period is ovaries coming out? More like **** your life and go back to health class.

Oh that's gotta suck. Hundreds to come? Try 400 exactly. And to those of you who say very little blood, it is actually a lot of blood in the Endometrium, along with other nutrients which build up. I agree with some of the other comments, go to a doctor and try to get birth control and only use tampons.

After the first few times of your period you will definitly get over the shock and awe of having your life fall apart for 3-5 days a month. If you have just had your first period there was probably little to no cramping. But damn once those real cramps kick in the bleeding will be the least of your worries. The diarhea, back aches, constant need to pee on top of being out in a public place in complete agony with no sympathy, effing sucks! So your best best to see minimal blood is to start using tampons and for goodness sakes dont use a menstral cup its pretty much a blood resevoir.

Oh my. People are getting really heated about this girl being late to start. & OP: The only bad part about periods is the cramping... for me, it's like being kicked in the stomach with a steel toed boot that's hot as a branding iron. Okay, maybe not quite that extreme. But it sounded good.

Wow. I'm not saying it's bad to get your period at sixteen. Like everyone else said, you can get it until you're like in your twenties or whatever. Personally I got it at eleven or twelve, but some of my friend's haven't had it yet either, and I'm fifteen. No, the thing that weirded me out about this post, is how can you have never seen blood before at sixteen years old? When I was a kid, I ran around and scraped myself all the freaking day. It got to the point where I just looked down and said "Oh. I'm bleeding. Where did THAT one come from?" But yeah, just try not to look at it. Wear Tampons so you only have to see it a little bit. Wearing pads used to freak me the hell out. The worst part, definitely is the cramps. I'm on my period now, and I've been lying in bed all day, barely able to move. But who knows? Maybe it's worse on some people than others...

u gotta be careful with tampons tho... they do carry health risks and can 'pop the cherry'...

No, they can't 'pop the cherry'. At least not if used properly, usually. Whilst the cherry can be popped with various non sexual activities fairly easily (bike riding, horse riding, etc) a tampon is not one of those. It's far too small, especially considering that sometimes cherries are not even popped during sex (and a penis is usually a fair bit bigger than a tampon :P ).

lazylacey 0

I got mine at the end of 7th grade... so I was 12... :] I had a friend who got hers at 9....

x.x i puke, too, don't worry. but that's only because of the cramps, not the blood. happy days, happy days!