By Why Me? - 31/01/2013 09:07 - United States - Scranton

Today, I found out that I have a highly irrational fear of little people. I made this self discovery when my mother introduced the family to her new fiancé. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 544
You deserved it 5 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Truly tolerant people are in short supply these days, it seems it is too tall an order to be able to see short people as equals in society these days. I think it is below the belt to mock dwarves for their vertical shortcomings, and looking down on them is why we can't all see eye to eye here, and why they have such a short-fuse. As a smaller person, I feel like I drew the short straw in my gene pool.

That must've been very embarrassing and rude at the same time.

Comments

rreyes79 0

It cost my wiife and I less than $20 to get married. Seriously... it doesn't cost much to go and file the paperwork.

watch game of thrones it'll cure your fear

Wow, people are mean (no surprise on this website, but still). OP recognizes that it is an IRRATIONAL fear, and obviously feels bad about it. I'm willing to bet that the reason she hasn't seen a doctor about it is because she didn't know she even had the fear. It says right in the FML "Today I found out..." A phobia is an irrational, uncontrollable fear. It is often unexplainable, not always PC, and sometimes downright bizarre. I'm sure OP doesn't want this, no one WANTS a phobia, and now that she has discovered this fear, she can work towards overcoming it. Good luck to you, OP. Phobias are not easy to beat, but with time, patience, and work, I believe you can do it.

RampagingBoner 12

That sucks! Some phobias make sense, like mine (fear of heights), but others don't. Hope you're able to work past that phobia!