By Anonymous - 22/04/2013 18:42 - United States - Lebanon

Today, I found out that I am allergic to one of the preservatives that they put in aloe. I found this out after I put some on a severe sunburn I have. Not only am I sunburned, but now I am severely itchy as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 041
You deserved it 4 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sounds se-vera-ly inconvenient for you, OP.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

I'll aloe this pun to slide this time, Pleo.

Comments

Get some gold bond. The cooling sensation feels amazing on sunburns

rg350dx 29

I like how the majority of the comments are actually helpful. We all stand united on the front against the fact that sunburns suck ass.

lenamartinovic 13

Put some Greek yogurt on your sunburn, OP!

elizacandle 29

that's why you should get an aloe plant slice it open and there ya go.

This happened to me when I was in elementary - I had a burn, the teachers put aloe vera cream on it and it hurt really bad like it was burning and I had to wash it off. Then this kid sneaked out to the front and brought me the tip of an aloe plant leaf, I used that and it felt great. TLDR; Screw preservatives, get it straight from the plant.

finch01 18

just cake more on to take care of the itch

And risk a more serious - possibly life-threatening - reaction?

Yeah it sucks. I've found the only thing that helps is standing under running water. If your family is anything like mine they'll just tell you you're either faking it for the attention or to just suck it's not that bad.

TVKill3r 15

Wow you have a shit family 52

I too am allergic to aloe and found out when I shaved my armpits with my husbands shaving cream. I couldn't put my arms down for a week I had such a bad rash. I feel for you OP! I hope you get better soon.

Should've put calamine on it anyway. I have no sympathy for noobs. You deserved it.