By Anonymous - 09/09/2011 22:33 - United States

Today, I found out that all the everyday Spanish words and phrases my boyfriend has been teaching me have very vulgar meanings. I found this out after I said a few to our waitress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 811
You deserved it 6 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

liggity 1

Hopefully you'd already been served or u probably also ate some spit

Comments

nc21690 19

typical guy but YDI for being so gullible

preetaleet 9

There's nice guys. That's NOT a typical guy.

Typical guy? What, a typical guy (in your vastly admirable opinion) is a complete asshole? I'd like to disprove your point by saying "**** you", but that would prove your point. So instead, I'll just point out that someone isn't gullible because she believes something her boyfriend told her. There's a big difference between gullible and trusting.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

I'm guessing you were told that you Kanji tattoo means "strength/beauty/etc", when in reality it says "****/heathen/etc". Oh well, at least now you'll learn to Google translate before you go spouting off a language you don't understand to strangers...well, maybe.

MegamiKaosu 28

23- And that, my good friend, is the whole point of the joke.

Maybe next time you should put his translations onto Google translate to make sure it's at least close to what he said the translation really is.

Petunia888 13

I know, right?! Get a smartphone or something, OP. There's an app for that.

EnEl_Infierno 15

What the hell does "la tu ya whey" mean? "Your whey?" Why the hell are you talking about your mixture of globular proteins in Spanish? Am I missing something here?

EnEl_Infierno 15

Lol its Spanish slang, the best way I can traslate it, La tu ya, means, back at you, and whey well... the closest word I can think of is ass, but in its context it range from between joking to be rather really insulting.

Don't listen to anyone else in this thread, except for the Bastard and Garcia. Their Spanish sucks. I may be a notch or two below fluency in Spanish, but trust me when I say that these people don't know what the **** they're saying. That is, except for the ol' dirty Bastard here, and Garcia of course.

EnEl_Infierno 15

Ok, look at it this way, two girl firends talking, one calls the other one, *****. The other one response is, your mother, their just messing around. Thats the context here. Now if the girls weren't friends... well now you get the idea. And 67 it depends on region and type of spanish that is being used, I've also it seen spelled buey.

And 22 is trying to say "Suck my dick", but he ****** up so he actually said "Sucked my dick". And 46 tried to say "Yours, foo" or "Yours, man". "Whey", or rather "guey" (there's supposed to be an umlaut above the "u" in "guey" and "umlaut", but I don't know how to do that shit), means something akin to "man" or "foo" (the slang usage, i.e. "whattup, foo?") in Spanish. 46 also made a bunch more errors, so many I won't even try to correct them .

#70 I didn't know that it can also be spelled that way, thanks for the info. Also, thanks for giving the info on how the tone can also affect the meaning behind the words in this case. EDIT: I'm 69 but i saw 70s comment! I can see the future! Or FML is doing that comment glitch thing again.

EnEl_Infierno 15

mrahhhhh I think the numbers are ******* up, and I didn't even notice that 22 ****** it up lol, and also the words can change in spanish slang to, like dog, dawg, and I don't know how put umlats with my phone either.

drawmesunshine 17

I've also seen it spelled 'wey.'

kickazz16 15
drawmesunshine 17

Dame la verga = Pass the butter

EnEl_Infierno 15

79- tienes huevos 0.° ha, 88- lmao

DeathMaple 3

It's guey and it's slang for two timer or cheater.

Sinkhole 26

Yes, it can be 'güey', 'huey', 'wey'... anything that sounds like 'buey', which is the original term. However, EnEl_Infierno, in your first comment you were literally saying "the you already". For future reference, it should be "la tuya".

drawmesunshine 17

Güey, huey, wey, whey, weigh, or way.

EnEl_Infierno 15

^Se te olvidó, buey. A la chingada, sólo debería dicho cual pito, pendejo. That probably would of been funnier. Phfft.

Whey I believe is racial slur for a white person

2ndSucks 15

You didn't think to look the phrases up before saying them?

perdix 29

Your boyfriend thought it was pretty funny to get you to order the Cocks and Balls. The joke is on him when three guys come walking out with no pants and their erections at eye level.

Madiluvsyuh98 2

Dayum. Awesome bf ya got there.

kikibrowm 7

Hey, i would do the same thing! But with French or something...

Madiluvsyuh98 2

Dayum. Awesome bf ya got there.