By iTried - 28/01/2016 12:12 - United States - Houston

Today, I found out my best friend was cheating on her boyfriend. After confronting her boyfriend and showing him proof, he responded with denial and didn't believe me. Now my whole circle of friends not only think I'm trying to start a rumor, but that I'm a home wrecker. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 562
You deserved it 8 781

Same thing different taste

Top comments

deathstroke990 22

if she's your best friend, why not approach her about it first? instead of directly going to the boyfriend

This is usually a lose-lose situation. Although, I don't know why you confronted the boyfriend instead of your best friend. She's the one cheating, and should be responsible for admitting the truth to her boyfriend.

Comments

People seem to forget that these posts are relatively brief and too much explanation makes it seem like the OP is rambling, thus lowering the chance of it getting posted. That and maybe OP did tell accused.

Oh come on you deserved that from the beginning... Mind your business

I'm with op on this one. If the girlfriend actually valued her significant other she wouldn't have cheated. Also, going and telling the boyfriend shows op's honesty which the girlfriend obviously didn't have. As far as "minding their own business" is concerned, if someone was breaking into your house would you consider it minding my own business to not call the cops or would you want me to call?

aeryn97 17

It's just stirring up trouble. better off going to the friend and telling her not to throw away a great guy

No, apparently something that could harm someone is apparently not someone's business to tell the person that could be harmed according to some of these comments. If you steal, you deserve to face the consequences. Same with cheating. And hopefully you didn't give the poor person that you cheated on a disease along with the pain you caused.

hmrhoades 18

If she is your best friend, you should've encouraged her to talk to him about it. I understand you think you were doing the right thing, but it really wasn't your place to get in their business like that.

You ratted on your best friend? With friends like you, who needs enemies?!

Asinger06 1

You confront the best friend. Not the boyfriend

aeryn97 17

are you just friends with her to be close to the boyfriend? you've got your eyes secretly set on him or something? or are you just a drama queen *itch that likes stirring up crap? either way you totally deserve it. next time rethink what friendship means and keep your nose out of other people's relationships.

Or maybe, just maybe... OP has values like honesty or compassion? Maybe she felt her moral obligation to the boyfriend (esp considering the risks of getting an STD increases dramatically if your partner is not faithful to you) trumped her need to keep her friend's betrayal a secret?

ezrajab 22

This is exactly why unless I am absolutely sure I can do something I mind my own business in these situations

Snaxia 12

It wasn't your place to tell him