By iTried - 28/01/2016 12:12 - United States - Houston

Today, I found out my best friend was cheating on her boyfriend. After confronting her boyfriend and showing him proof, he responded with denial and didn't believe me. Now my whole circle of friends not only think I'm trying to start a rumor, but that I'm a home wrecker. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 562
You deserved it 8 781

Same thing different taste

Top comments

deathstroke990 22

if she's your best friend, why not approach her about it first? instead of directly going to the boyfriend

This is usually a lose-lose situation. Although, I don't know why you confronted the boyfriend instead of your best friend. She's the one cheating, and should be responsible for admitting the truth to her boyfriend.

Comments

I love how everyone is blaming op for this the cheating birch brought it on herself. If it was a man cheating all the comments would be like you go op!

Your not a very good Friend.. You should've asked her about it first.

When my best friend cheated on her bf I stood by her because she's my friend. It wasn't up to me to decide if she should stay with him and it's not up to you either. You probably just lost all of your friends because of that.

Oh people stop acting like you have never covered for your friend. If you have a problem with it, tell her, if you still feel bad tell her either she's telling him or you are. But you do not go and tell your BESTFRIEND'S boyfriend without confronting her. You have your own friend's back, always. If what they are doing is wrong you tell them first. Duh. Everyone, stop acting like you all always do the "right" thing and go and snitch people close to you.

Authors really need to comment more on their FMLs so we can get more context. Everyone is just assuming this person didn't talk to their best friend first or confront them about it. Maybe they have covered for their friend in the past when they cheated on someone else and couldn't do it this time. Maybe they themselves have been cheated on and they can't stand it. My thing is though if they do have proof as they say then why would any of their friends think they're a home wrecker, couldn't they just show the proof to people and be like "look see I'm not lying".

I know how you feel... except my bestfriends girlfriend is cheating on him and I don't want my bro to get heartbroken by a bitch so I showed him proof and he denies it and just calls me jealous

Jets4Life89 4

Instead of confronting your friend you went to her bf? Sounds like you went about it the wrong way, if she was your best friend convincing her to tell him would have been the best way, it makes you look like you like the guy if you go to him first.

Queen_of_Night 20

Did any of you stop to realize that the b/f could be OP's friend too? I tried to convince my friend not to marry my best friend after she cheated on him with 3 other people (actually he was originally the "other guy"). He knew since he was friends with the 3 other guys. They got married. I ended up getting blamed for all the problems in their relationship so I dropped them both. Less than a year later they had a kid and a divorce. If she's a cheater and he's an idiot, you're in for a hard friendship if you hang around.