By Anonymoose - 08/09/2015 19:12 - United States - West Long Branch

Today, I found out I wasn't cool enough to be invited to a college party that happened last night. The one in charge of inviting people was my girlfriend of two years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 263
You deserved it 2 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds to me like someone either wanted to have a massive orgy, or someone wanted to play "I'm totally single" in a crowd full of drunken fools. I'm not one to scream "ditch the bitch" like a lot of people are, but I'd say it's a big red flag.

Well then maybe it's time to have a long talk with your girlfriend.

Comments

Probably something going on that you are against happened...and she didn't want you to be there...if that's not it she should have a good explanation...

That's cruel. She has made it clear how she feels about you. Don't stand for that OP.

I think you should first find out the details. It could be a party for students from a particular educational department(s). Otherwise if she thinks you are not cool enough to go partying with her, You should not be with her.

I don't think collage departments is the case, if she was going to hold a party for a specific department I figure she'd at least tell her boyfriend that a party like that is happening, whenever he is invited or not. He'd understand why he wouldn't be able to go if that is the case. No, the way it sounds as OP described is that his girlfriend didn't even tell him any details about the party because she didn't want him to be there and he found out about it later and if this is the case.. there is a chance she got drunk and cheated on him (she likely knew before the party she was going to do that). I'm not saying she did do it.. but the chances are there and seem pretty likely to me.

Stay and be treated like shit for the rest of your life. Find someone who loves and respects you for who you are. Sorry to hear Bro. Good luck.

MrThump 16

Me wonders if you pissed her off or something, still what a bitch.... Get rid of her she shouldn't be treating you like that.

She's most likely interested in someone else.

If u guys talked and she didn't mention the party she was attending ..... Well u know Also, i would not think of inviting my bf to a party as it's just natural to me that we both go, maybe there was a miscommunication and she may feel like u ditched her for not going .... Either way, a talk is necessary

OP, I don't know exactly what happened but: if she told you in your face that you aren't cool enough for the party, depending on how much you love her you either talk it though or you brake up with her, because she doesn't deserve to be with somebody like you if she does things like that. If she didn't even tell you about the party in the first place, there is a high chance something bigger is going on. Like many of people are saying here, its very likely she wanted to cheat on you which is the reason she didn't tell you about the party. If there was a reason she couldn't/wasn't allowed to invite you she would have at least told you about the party's existence, but if she didn't its probably because of what I just said.. in this case, try to find out what happened at the party and confront your girlfriend. Depending on how smart your girlfriend is you can even make her confess by saying something like "I know what you did at the party last night" while acting angry. She'll likely act "oh shit he found out" if she doesn't she probably didn't do anything wrong at the party.