By MSURebel70 - 16/07/2010 23:48 - United States

Today, I found out I've been incorrectly sorting thousands of papers for the past two weeks. My boss wanted them sorted by date, but the co-worker who instructed me said to sort them into alphabetical order just to watch me fail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 934
You deserved it 3 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And there's nothing you can do about it. Even if you speak up, darling, it's a classic case of their word against yours.

Comments

slap him or her till he/she cries or get him or her fired

This kind of thing is why it's best to ALWAYS give confirmation of any instructions received back to the people giving them. The minute you got those instructions from your coworker you should have gone to your desk and typed up an email, sending it to your coworker and cc:ing your boss and stating your understanding of how to do the task. Unfortunately it's all about CYA with coworkers like that.

spartan_girl 0

this SOUNDS like a great, logical idea, but sometimes the boss isn't around, or is very busy and doesn't wish to be disturbed for something as mundane as instructions for sorting papers. Many bosses/managers/etc. delegate some of the daily runnings of the workplace to other employees, and expect that they'll distribute the work correctly. Obviously, we have no idea what kind of boss OP has, but if it was a situation like above, OP wouldn't think to ask the boss about something like that, because it wouldn't be common practice. I know I sure wouldn't ask my boss for clarification of something like that, even if she did happen to be in the office, because that is not the way things work.

I see your point, but the purpose of the email would not be to ask the boss anything, only cc:ing him/her so that there is a record of what the coworker told them to do. But suppose you're right and the boss didn't want to be bothered - then a simple email to the coworker before starting the sorting task would have saved their butt and avoided the their word against mine scenario.

...And you didn't verify how they were to be sorted with the boss because....?

rawr_cupcakesand 0

Did your boss tell you to file them by date? if he did, YDI. Always listen to your boss, not a coworker. But if your coworker was the one who was supposed to be telling you what to do, FYL. He's a jerk and probaby wants you fired. Maybe you can talk to your boss about it?

jadegreen96 0

lmao funny joke, sucks for u but funny

WillyShakes 0

Funny, but I would still either **** punt them if their a girl or chop their nuts off if their a guy. Either way, cause them pain.