By Anonymous - 09/08/2012 04:19 - United States - La Crosse

Today, I found one of my mom's old diaries that dated back to my infant days. I couldn't help but read a little. I'm now in great concern over how many times my mom wrote that she wanted to dunk me in the toilet or throw me against a wall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 611
You deserved it 3 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sure you'll understand one day, not that every mother wants to use violence, but how stressful having a child can be. Maybe your mother went through post natal depression but wasn't diagnosed, it happens. Just let it slide, I'm sure she's happy now. She might not want to remember the feelings she had. :)

Comments

Apparently that's not that uncommon of a thing, my mom admitted to resenting me from when I was first born till she thought I wasn't ugly anymore.

168, What did you hope to accomplish with that message other than to show off how much of a twat you are?

Alpha2121 0

My mom told me that the only reason I was born is that when she found out it was too late for an abortion

Lots of moms get overwhelmed. Don't take it personally. If she was a good mom then stop worrying she loves you.l

Marchaleigh 9

its post pardom depression its normal

Have you improved as a person since then?

friedbunnies 9

So your mom had PPD. Back in the day it wasn't recognized as a legitimate condition, let alone treated... Just be glad you survived.

OP, unless it was more than 15-20 times a day, you shouldn't worry. Anyone that has had an infant knows how frustrating it can be. This little crapping, screaming thing that won't sleep unless you feed it. And when you've fed it, it craps again. When you're done changing, it still won't sleep. Instead it screams for two hours. Oh yeah, this happens about eight times a day. Twice between midnight and 6 am. Number of hours of sleep you get is easy to count on one hand, even if you're missing a finger or two. And that's per day, not hours in a row.

You'll understand when you have kids. I honestly can't count the amount of times I've wanted to do that to my cousins. Thankfully I can walk away.