By arghhh - 03/08/2009 02:40 - United States

Today, I finished my internship working in a government lab. I got paid $4000 for the summer. I was talking to my cousin, who said that when he worked as a carnie last summer he made $8000. I get paid half as much for doing research as a carnie does for serving people sno-cones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 751
You deserved it 5 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

birds_fml 7

So what? A carnie is never going to go anywhere, you've got experience that will get you a better job and you'll end up with more in the end than a carnie ever could.

be thankful that you even got paid for an internship!

Comments

You should count yourself lucky to have a job. So many people lost their jobs in this recession. And it's called internship for a good reason. I doubt you'd be of much help in the lab, especially for such a short period, where you spent half the time learning. It's tougher working in a carnival. It's a real job and their supervisor won't be babysitting them like in internship. So why should you get paid more?

this is just the strange salary/wage trend, a highschool dropout that finishes a trade apprenticeship will earn fuckloads more than most respected desk jobs, thats just the way it is. if you ignore tax evasion :P.

Seriously..? You're complaing that you got paid $4000 over a few months for an INTERSHIP? I've had about 8 weeks worth of ******* work since I left school last year, be ******* grateful that you have something that pays!

INTERNSHIP. Be glad you get paid at ALL, dipshit.

stfu spoiled asshole, u got paid for an internship.

YDI for not knowing that most internships DON'T EVEN PAY. Feel like one of the lucky ones. Also, your cousin wasn't INTERNING as a Carnie... he WORKED full time... with terrible hours and nothing to eat but hot dogs and funnel cakes for several months. Again, feel grateful for on those nights you weren't spending at the lab, you were able to go home, have a nourishing meal, and the opportunity to sit back and relax in your probably nice suburban home while he worked the night shift selling funnel cakes and collecting ride tickets, and once his shift ended REALLY late, he was only able to retreat to a smelly trailer for enough time to sleep before he did it again for the next day. I think this proves why you might deserve it... ignorance, perhaps.

The difference between you and your cousin is the fact that your cousin had hundreds of thousands of customers willing to waste their money on sweets, whereas you had none. He probably earned more because of the amount of customers he received.

SirAwesome 0

YDI for whining about not getting paid enough for an INTERSHIP.

Pretty sure you have more a future than a carnie you whiny little bitch.

oh boo hoo. when i finished my internship, all i got was a $50 giftcard and a thank you note. that was really nice of them and i was thankful. you know why? because they didn't have to get me ANYTHING because it was an INTERNSHIP! and then i got to put that experience on my resume and it helped me get a job. amazing, i know.