By crap - 07/03/2009 04:17 - United States

Today, I finally told my best friend whom I've secretly been in love with for two years that I was in love with her but at the last second chickened out and said I was joking. She replied with "Don't scare me like that. I thought I was going to have to find a new best friend for a second" FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 397
You deserved it 7 327

Same thing different taste

Top comments

izzi_fml 0

wat if she said that because she liked u too? like she would have to find a new best friend because u guys will be lovers...

Sounds like my life man. I actually told my current closest female friend like 2 weeks ago. It hasn't gone well.

Comments

If your friend is straight why would you even mess with your friendship like that? Did you think your declaration of love would magically turn her gay?

redblueflame 23
bigbangvip1 7

well shes a bitch, my best friend knows i like her and we even joke about it sometimes xD

anyone else realize this was posted by a girl?

ALDJ 4

This explains me and my "best" friend right now...

You deserved it. If she is not gay you are putting her in an awful position. Best friends have told me they loved me and it is what breaks friendships, cause if the feeling is not mutual there is no way you can continue the way it was. Realize that!

Helldemon 32

Wow, you are one of the most selfish people I've seen on FML.

Well take a bit of time then you will be...

magnetic_aura 26

Well, at least now you know that she doesn't feel the same way. You can plan accordingly. Either get over it and move on or keep suffering in silence... Stay friends of not, knowing that there's no romantic future. Good luck, OP!

I told my best friend that I liked her and it was awkward for small amount of time. Now its back to normal and our relationship is stronger.

At least you found the answer to your question without messing up your friendship! And don't feel bad, OP, you'll find somebody else who'll reciprocate your love, and you and your current crush can just stay best friends.