By keisha89 - 22/06/2010 00:27 - United States

Today, I finally met the guy I've been talking to online for a year. I'd dropped 10lbs off my weight. He'd shaved 20 years off his age. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 893
You deserved it 38 944

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

I'm a 23 year old straight male model. I also act on the side and am working on the cure for cancer. Hit me up, I'm also available.

FYLDeep 25

Comments

mama2b3 20

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Naw not a cougar. Doesn't it mean he's 20 years older than he says?

amazinggbaby 2

does that mean he shaved it off like he lied about being younger or she met him and he was younger?

dudeitsdanny 9

He claimed to be younger than he was.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

haha! I thought it was going to say he shaved 20 pounds from his nuts....oops.

thatguy888 0

was it javier bardem ? george clooney ? nicholas cage ? biz mark e ? i bet you wouldnt care if it was someone like that.

YakuzaxGeneralz 9

no what she meant is she is 10 lbs heavier and he is 20 yrs older

tgabriel12 0
dudeitsdanny 9

Thread-jacking to translate: Today, I met the loser like me who I'd been cybering with online. I lied about my weight by 10lbs. He was 20 years older than he said he was. FML.

lol it's the ******* Internet you dumb idiot...you think people tell the truth when people chat online????? it's people like you shouldn't be alllowed to breed...

Ydi for giving off a false image. Fyl for meeting up with someone that lies about his age by two decades. Seriously 20 years? 10 pounds might not be that noticeable, you might have gotten away with it.

ThatLooksSticky 16

huh? how is she a cougar? cougars are older women who go after young guys. she just met a man 20 years OLDER than he claimed to be.

godofcyanide 8

OP: YDI for expecting honesty in Internet dating. #70 gets a double facepalm and an "Epic Fail!" for his post. Reading is fundamental.

sannabuke 1

dear idiot #29, whining and bitching is the whole point of this website. GET A CLUE

Haha! I love how people complain when things on the Internet aren't true!

Izzy_babii 0

I met my bf on myspace..but then again I know one of his friends,but either way not ALL online daters are fat and tell lies(:

poemless 0
kevindudes 0

everyone likes a good cougar lol

LILWEEBY 0

maybe the other guy was lying

fakeaccountX 6

That's why online dating sucks.

OMG 5 is Corbin Blue!! or however you spell his name...

No I think she meant that she took out 10 pounds of her weight and he lied about being older.

Aevsg_031 0

YDI for dating someone online lol

lucious_mama 0

not ALL online daters are pathetic losers.... I actually met my husband online, we are happily married and have 3 kids.... however a good majority are 1: fat, 2: no personality, 3: would rather sit on their ass and make themselves sound better than they are because they would rather stay home and 'meet' people that way in their down time from playing WoW or mafia wars, or 4; the few of us ( including myself) work so damn much and are to tired after busting our asses to get dressed up and go out just to meet yet another loser that would include the previously stated or equivalent.

Thank youu 58. I met my fiancé online, and after living together for about a year now, Ive decide that ignoring the part of my brain that was calling me a loser and just asking her out was the best decision of my life xD It's the person that's a liar or a creep... not the place you meet them. You can meet a great person in a junky lil pub, why not online? =p Sooo FYL, OP. FYL.

advent2060 4

guys what op is saying is that she lost 10 lbs so that she could look better for this guy and it turned out that the dude was 20 years younger than what he had told her is age was. so I'm guessing op is 30's-40's and the guy was 10-20's so basically she was cybering wit a teen/preteen most likely

dudeitsdanny 9

Well, I called them losers for lying and not meeting for a year. I met my girlfriend online: She lives 20 minutes from me and we met within a week. It's their actions that made them losers, not where they met.

supergirl69_fml 0
dubstep87 0

shit happens.. meeting online is the new thing. I'd rather meet someone on line than in a bar.. with no lies of course lol

70, you're honestly the dumbest **** in the world. the post is saying she lied and said she was 10 pounds lighter than she actually was and he was 20 years older. get it now? dumb ****.

FYLDeep 25

awesome profile pic! my post has nothing to do with the FML.

CantusVulpis 12

I'm Chris Hanson....you wanna take a seat OP?

dudeitsdanny 9

No, no! You got it all wrong! I was just gonna help her with her anatomy homework! I'm a hands-on teacher, but it was all educational!

Raleigh_bruh 7

Take a seat. Right over there.

"What were you planning on doing with this girl?" '...We were just gonna.. uh.. hang out.'

Aevsg_031 0

"why did you bring condoms?" "i always carry condoms" "what about the rope we found in your trunk" "uh it's for my job..."

dudeitsdanny 9

51's timing and name amaze me. Please take a seat with the other perverts, sir. We'll call you in. No, please put down the "Barely Legal"..

haha what u complaining about?!? it couldve been some old perv.

verymerry 6

Ya read it right. He is 20 years older than what he said

outcastcutie3 0

I think they're perfect for eachother they both lie to pretty much get laid

xHabsfanx 0

Omg 5, is that you Corbin Blue?!?!? =O

She lied about her weight, and only by ten pounds (she could have said she was 50-70 pounds lighter than she actually is). That's not too bad. The guy lied about his age by TWO DECADES. I can't see those as being the same. FYL OP.

thatisjank 0

online dating fails. lesson to all.

with the love of my life right now. accidentally meet him online

You met him online, what did you expect? YDI.

the dude is the old one. you got what you had coming to you

Coccinelle_fml 15

YDI for waiting a year before you meet someone in person. I always meet my online dates within a week or so.

dudeitsdanny 9

I'm a 23 year old straight male model. I also act on the side and am working on the cure for cancer. Hit me up, I'm also available.

Gannon1994 0

So does that mean he was 20 years younger than he said he was? Sorry if my question seems stupid, the FML was worded weird to me.

Raleigh_bruh 7

Uhm, wrong place for my comment...

gusgus36 5

24 I agree that it's confusing. I assumed it meant he said he was, for example, 30, but they met and he was really 50... but I reread it and it could be the opposite... i'm really not sure now

advent2060 4

it means that if OP's date said he was 30 he was actually 10 because she said he shaved 20yrs off the age that he told her he was

yeah she proclaimed in the online chat she was 130 as oppose to 140 and he said he was 30 and was 50

84 is correct. 71 is not. OP was referring to their earlier respective lies. She said she was 10lbs thinner than she actually is, i.e. she weighs 140lbs rather than the 130lbs she'd claimed online. He said he was 20 years younger than he actually is, i.e. he's 50 years old, rather than the 30 years he'd claimed online. They're both common lies; she's comparing the severity of the difference. She probably expected him to be a little older than he was, based on the degree of her own lies. His lie, however, was quite extreme, and much more obvious than hers on first sight.