By Anonymous - 02/08/2010 05:05 - United States

Today, I finally finished painting a house that took me 3 weeks to complete at 10 hours a day, including weekends, due to my dedication to perfection. When I went to meet with the homeowner for pay day, which was supposed to be $2000, he gave me $200, 5 tacos and then told me to "get the f*** off my lawn." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 887
You deserved it 5 486

Same thing different taste

Top comments

throw the tacos at the wall u painted and ask for the money ur supposed to get!

I can't wait to see this on Judge Judy.

Comments

Next time get your payment agreement in writing. Doesn't take 2 minutes to write a quote for the job, which you get them to sign. Then at least you have something to take them to court with, instead of just his word against yours.

Actually a verbal agreement is still a contract and is valid for an year (statute of limitations). He could have taken this to a small claims court.

jrgr 6

hahaha he did that because ur a BEANER..u beaner. lol jk I'm Mexican too

I can't wait to see this on Judge Judy.

heyfuq 1

$2000 for 21 days of work? Your the most underpaid painter I've heard of. what's that like $96 a day or something. You definitely list on that deal. find a new profession

Most likely he wasn't working on it every single day

He was. It says in the FML that OP painted it for three weeks, "including weekends". Learn to read, geez.

PYLrulz 17

if you had a contract, or that's what was advertised, fyl.

Didn't you have a contract? If not then YDI for thinking a spoken agreement would be enough. If you do have a contract then FYL for having to drag this arsehole through the courts to get your fee!

I'd love for someone to do that to me... lol take them to court!!

really? you can come paint my house then.

trmntr: then he'll sue your ass, if you came up short. I'm pretty sure that's the lesson learned here, and what this commenter meant.

you were already ****** before you began...2000 for 21 days of painting seems really low... at least you're not hungry

If I were in your position, I would have said to him, after him saying to get the **** off the lawn, "OK, but I'm going to court over refusal to pay the amount we agreed in the contract (verbal or written, it's just as binding - or at least it is in the UK, I'm not sure about Florida) and you're coming with me, fatass. Oh by the way, I don't like tacos."

Taco boy lmao :p But for real. I know they're not as binding, but it's still worth taking that douchebag to court. He's a rude ******* bastard. But save those tacos, so if you don't win, you can always go back and smear them on his walls.

Did you not get them to sign something to say they would pay you $2000? Give them a invoice/statement? If so, use that as hard evidence when you take them to court. You really have to :-/ .. get your money!