By theawesome129 - 24/03/2013 10:20 - Canada

Today, I finally came out to my family as a lesbian. My grandma then told me I'm just going through a phase because I finally realized I'm not pretty or skinny enough to get a man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 638
You deserved it 7 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people just really don't get it. Ignore her close mindedness OP

Wow, your grandma managed to insult you in three ways in only one sentence. That is impressively douchey

Comments

OP your grammaw is a trolling tool of wrinkly aged leather. What does she know anyway? Hold your head high and show your lesbyterian pride!!

I'm sorry your grandma isn't more accepting, or sensitive. It was good that you had the courage to tell your family. (: From one **** to another, I wish you the best of luck!

have you ever thought of a diet so you can prove to grandma that you are really a lesbian by choice?

Obey_StudBoii 23

How does losing weight have anything to do with the situation? Your sexuality IS NOT A CHOICE. I have many friends who are gay men and Lesbian women that agree with the fact you're born that way.

looks like when you tried to come out of the closet, you got (puts on sunglasses) clothes'd in.

Some people project their own faults and mistakes on others to make themselves feel better. Maybe your grandmother just felt that way about herself when she was younger.

What's up with al these grandmas with attitude and no common sense, much less support for their grandchildren.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Don't listen to anyone else that's going to speak negative about it. I came out when I was 14 and it was the best thing to do. It's not a phase and it sure as hell doesn't mean that just because you haven't found a man to date (common excuse someone would say) that's the reason you are who you are. Ignore all negative comments family members and friends will say. Those are the close minded ones and have very little to say. Don't change for NO ONE! Stay the way you are and if you ever need advice send me a message :)

Maybe grandma does get it. All parents want their kids to be straight and get married and have kids. Last time I checked 2 penises or 2 vaginas couldn't accomplish this

Actually, I'm not sure how you can speak for all parents that way. Last time I checked, there's hundreds of kids waiting to be adopted.

It doesn't mean that they love their kids any less though

Obey_StudBoii 23

Grandma doesn't understand at all. You can't force someone to be something they aren't.

perdix 29

You gotta convince Grandma to get into the 21st century...tell her these days there are Plumpa Humpas who like the BBWs. I don't know what they call guys who specialize in ugly lesbians, and I'm scared to plumb Urban Dictionary to find out what the term is.