By Rick - 14/03/2010 13:36 - United Kingdom

Today, I fell in a river with a £700 camera, a £200 lens, and an iPhone while trying to rescue a 50 pence ball for my dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 843
You deserved it 32 924

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sourgirl101 28

That sucks but your heart was in the right place. You know how much your doggie loves his ball.

Monikabug 9

You don't take that stuff to a river. Keep it locked in your car. You just voided your warranty with Apple, but maybe you can get your camera and lens replaced? FYL

Comments

My 11 yr old daughter did the same thing with her $250 camera in the ocean trying to get a seashell as a souviner on our vacation. That was our only camera for our vacation!

Maybe you should consider not having over $1,000 worth of electronics with you when going near water.

nessalujin 0

Why didn't you leave ball if it was only .50 cents?

PedoBearTrap 4

@160 (Nessalujin) Er, I'm afraid you're wrong in a few ways there buddy. 50 pence does not equal 50 cents. The exchange rate is approx. 1.60USD to every Pound (or Quid if you prefer) Also, .50 cents does not equal 50 cents. If you were to use a decimal there, you would say: .50 dollars, as .50 cents is the same as $.005 not $.50. ^ I'm not being a grammar Nazi, I'm just clarifying. And to answer your question, the ball probably fell into a small lake or bay, and the OP figured he would just grab it really quickly, but slipped and fell in. Most people wouldn't just leave the ball floating there, especially if the situation is not screaming that it may be hazardous. It was supposed to just be a few second pick-up-and-go action. There was no blatant misjudgment on the OP's behalf.

paks7 0

i hope most of you realize that the people saying "dumb brits" or "stupid money" are only doing so to get a rise out of you? Or they're 10.

RKftw 0
yesfylhaha 0

YDI you pretentious arse. Bet you thought you looked really artistic and cool walking around with that SLR that you barely know how to use. Oh I know your type. Keep hold of your Apples, Crocs and huge cameras and convince yourself that you are beyond us, the mindless capitalist sheep in our white-collar 9-5s. Prick.

Some people are going way to over the top with their comments lol

w00kye 0
Fminetoo 0

I want to know where you get a waterproof Iphone. Ive seen Iphone have "water-damage" just from a really humid day. The only waterproof product Apple has is the "Irack" If you dont know what the Irack is, youtube it.