By blemarooney - 01/05/2015 23:34 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, I failed a major exam. It wasn't because I didn't prepare for it, though. I failed because somebody sneezed during it and I said "bless you." Apparently, that's classed as cheating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 158
You deserved it 3 668

blemarooney tells us more.

Hi OP here. Thanks for all the supportive comments. I got my mum to go in and complain to my school but they kept insisting that 'rules are rules.' So maybe bless you secretly means the answer is C but I will certainly never bless anybody when they sneeze in the middle of an exam again.

Top comments

Next time your prof sneezes condemn him to Hell. "May your soul belong to Satan, you unholy demon-spawn. "

Everyone knows that bless you means the answer is C!

Comments

maybe the prof thought you were blessing the person next to you so that they would get the answers right?

Did the professor give a warning beforehand? Did you say bless you in an obnoxious way? I just feel like there's something missing here...

Any type of contact with other living soul (invigilators does NOT have souls!) during exams is considered as cheating. Rules are rules!

agreed. no one would see OP as rude because they were following the rules. its been like that for a long time.

TreyA 10

Go to the Dean. That's not ok.

xluciferx666 21

Take the high road and lay a big meaty chud on your professors desk

Can't you make an appeal so that you would be able to make up the exam?

if you were to actually live up to your username, you would know that.