By yeah - 22/06/2012 03:07 - United States

Today, I entered my first professional fight as a mixed martial artist. It's been my dream to become a UFC champion one day. All I do is train and watch UFC fights all day. I was out cold in a matter of seconds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 752
You deserved it 27 747

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need to do a training montage. Perhaps "Eye of the tiger" would be a good song choice to go with it.

MGSPOP 1

Practice more instead of watching UFC, you'll get better. :)

Comments

Don't worry man. It takes a lot of guts to actually go up against an opponent and hang in there for however long the round lasts.

GVirdi 11

Do the opposite of what 15 tells you

Actually, there's merit in 15's comment. If OP is only doing hard training or training too much, he'll only wear himself out or possibly damage his body.

Train softer does not mean train less. It means train more sensitively. The best and most deadly martial arts emphasize sensitivity and relaxation. If you are tense you must first relax before you can respond. Train softer and you will become more effective.

Calyx - Two words aren't enough to convey that sentiment efficiently. Should've said all that the first time.

On the plus side...you won't make a living getting brain damage

DontModMeDammit 10

Fighters take less brain damage in MMA than say boxing.

That's like saying fire isn't as hot as the sun. It'll still burn you.

RecklessJellyBea 7

Reminds me of Prom Night.. Don't worry, it was your first time.

GVirdi 11

So.. You got knocked out in a few seconds on prom night?..

Michael Jordan didn't make the basketball team in high school...so moral of the story, work hard and you can conquer :)

perdix 29

Nice thought, but he didn't make the varsity as a sophomore. He was a star his junior and senior years. Failing to make a basketball team is merely humiliating, but failing at UFC means traumatic brain injuries that may end up causing permanent dain bramage.

OP don't sweat a loss on the first fight. Think of it as gaining experience to be able to last a couple minutes in the next fight.

"Why do we fall, master Wayne. So that we can learn to pick yourselves back up"

23 You are awsome for the fact that you quoted Alfred.

perdix 29

Hey, at least you're not dead or paralyzed -- you're just 0-1. Train more seriously and turn off the TV, or next time, you might not be so lucky.

He said that's all he's been doing. You can't train all day everyday. Plus, it's good to mix in studying how the professionals do it to get better.

GVirdi 11

25 Or OP could get up start training more and end up living the dream

perdix 29

Lie about your weight, so you can beat the shit out of mini-people.

peachesncreem 21

How does OP dodge the weigh in? O_o

perdix 29

Bribery and stealth. Wearing 5 or 6 layers of Spanx will also help the deception.