By merrr - 20/01/2014 20:34 - Canada

Today, I dropped my phone in the wet snow. I read that putting it in rice helps to get the water out. Three pieces of rice are now frozen into the power port, and I can't get the charger in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 100
You deserved it 13 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just leave it alone for now and go back to it when the rice defrosted. Get a tooth pick and try to get it out of there gently and if that doesn't work go to your provider and hopefully they can be of some use. Good luck OP :)

shortunbiased 6

Is your name Brian by any chance?

Comments

perdix 29

Put your phone in boiling water for 5 minutes. By then, the rice will be tender and come out easily. Bon appetit!

Don't forget to add proper spices and tenderize the phone first. I hear metal and glass can be extremely chewy if not cooked properly!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I guess you didn't read everything either. Rice absorbs moisture so if you drop part of your phone in water or all your phone and (I hope to god) not a whole lot of water, the rice will absorb what water there is. In saying that, probably won't work if you submerged your phone in water Cause of the mother board and what not- all the components that don't really like water. My phone still works fine but i didn't submerge my phone in water, just the top half, and I did leave it in the uncooked rice for three days to be absolutely sure that all the moisture was out.

i managed to completely submerge my phone in a tub of water by accident, but pulled it out almost straight away. took the sim card & battery out and left the whole phone in rice overnight - it worked fine the next day.

actually it is a fact. they just turned it into a racist joke. stupid ass. your phone just isn't supposed to be soaking wet when you do it.

Let it defrost in a room and do the "rice trick" again

OMG THIS HAPPENED TO ME I SWEAR! OP, maybe you can use a toothpick? There are new dock connectors online for less than $5....

did you try turning it off and back on again?

38 - It's a common internet joke. Turning it off and back on again is frequently a troubleshooting tip for phones not working, the joke is saying it for something in which it clearly wouldn't work for.

It's a catchprase from The IT Crowd as well,

never try to plug the charger in! leave it in the rice for atleast 24h and near a heat source. NOT on a stove or radiator because that could be too hot. Just near one.

olpally 32

Just get a new phone or try and save this one. Good luck.

Yes...those would be the possible courses of action. Very good!

valentinov 15

Your IQ is the size of rice bob if you did that...

Don't tell me you put it in cooked rice.