By merrr - 20/01/2014 20:34 - Canada

Today, I dropped my phone in the wet snow. I read that putting it in rice helps to get the water out. Three pieces of rice are now frozen into the power port, and I can't get the charger in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 101
You deserved it 13 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just leave it alone for now and go back to it when the rice defrosted. Get a tooth pick and try to get it out of there gently and if that doesn't work go to your provider and hopefully they can be of some use. Good luck OP :)

shortunbiased 6

Is your name Brian by any chance?

Comments

Leave it in a heated invironment...the rice will come off real soon...

robertmil90 10

Tried that with my remote, ended up with an $80 paperweight because my dvd player doesn't work without the remote

cryssycakesx3 22

if that's true that's a shitty DVD player not even worth half that.

A three dollar universal remote from the dollar store (four dollars with batteries) should fix that problem.

skipper2009 18

I'm not comprehending how someone can screw up something so simple.

All you have to do is REMOVE the simcard and battery, leave it in a bowl of rice(submerged) and LEAVE IT ON THE COUNTER (for 24 hours or more(depending on how wet) Then wipe it off and voila! I have dropped my iphone so many times in water and this has always worked. BTW HOW WAS THE RICE FROZEN? Is it so cold inside your house that it will be frozen after letting it sit?

A huge photo camera of mine once fell into a pool. I left it in rice for about 10 days and some rice got stuck in the SD card slot. It took a long time, but I got it all out with toothpicks, knifes and tweezers! Also, for those of you saying the rice thing is a mith, all of the humidity was absorbed and the camera was just fine, after sinking completely in a pool! It has also saved me lots of phones and earphones, so, I'm very grateful for it :) Best of luck OP!

My phone went through the wash once, still works perfectly.

an3ph 20

Have the Asians showed up yet?