By ShadowReiku - 02/12/2014 04:41 - United States - Odenton

Today, I discovered that the reason the phone I've had for a year takes such terrible and cloudy pictures is because I never took the plastic coating off the lens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 719
You deserved it 36 093

fishyrael tells us more.

Yeah haha I did feel pretty silly. My phone is one of those old ones that you flip open and it has a keyboard, so to my memory the inner screen didn't have a protector. The one over the camera was very flush to the lens so it didn't bubble or anything and looked perfectly normal, I thought it was just a shit camera since it was an old model of phone. I wouldn't have found it if my nail hadn't caught the corner when I was putting it in my pocket and pulled it up some. The worst part was as #3 said, since it was actually my birthday party and my boyfriend and all my family were there to witness the look of stunned realization on my face, followed by my announcement that I was, in fact, an idiot. Oh well, at least I have a decent camera now!

Top comments

I find that there's nothing more satisfying than pulling the plastic off the glass for the first time! YDI For not doing that immediately OP haha.

You didn't once think to clean the lense and realize there was plastic on it?

Comments

xxreikoxx 31

It's been a little while since we've last had a good YDI, albeit a funny one. Silly OP! You certainly did correct this by now, yes? :)

I feel your pain, I did it also but it took a 10 year old to tell me I left the plastic on so I can't poke fun at you.

Its usually the first thing I do whenever I get a new phone xD but seriously, why didnt you check the lens before?! ;o

Seriously for a year u ddnt check?? Rofl

Herp derp. That would be the first thing I'd do if I got a new phone.

I'm pretty sure taking off the plastic is the first thing you're supposed to do when you get a new phone...