By all by myself - 14/04/2014 23:34 - Ireland - Cork

Today, I decided to go to a therapy group to help with my anxiety and to meet people who felt similar. I joked with my friend that no one would turn up as people might feel anxious about going. I was right. I was the only one there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 741
You deserved it 3 777

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flowerbug 4

Think about it this way: you're one step ahead of them for actually going! :)

well I am proud of you for going, OP. I struggle with anxiety and I envy you for doing something I wouldn't be able to do.

Comments

You should be proud of yourself for going. I am currently having issues with anxiety and PTSD and it's important to keep going and not give up. The first step is seeking help. It puts you on the path to recovery and makes feel a lot less alone and pro active and therefore positive.

6dandaman5 8

I struggle with anxiety also so I hear you , but I still can't help laughing a little bit

I have problems with anxiety, too. It's not clear from your post if there was a therapist or counselor leading the discussion, but if he/she has the contact info for the other members of the group, maybe she could consider setting up something online first for you guys to get to talk to each other first to lessen the anxiety of meeting up in person. Or, if everyone is too scared to meet up in person, having private forums open to only members of the group could still be therapeutic.

C7_fml 17

All by myself, don't wanna be all by myself, Anymore

in a way, you have actually made progress by just showing up there , right?

You were wrong. Somebody *did* show up. You.

At least you have enough self-confidence to actually go and try and get help. congrats to you

Proud of you, OP! Anxiety is so hard to deal with, I applaud you for trying & Special thanks to everyone else encouraging and defending people suffering from Anxiety :) It is comforting to know that people understand what it is like to deal with it.