By AidenFromSweden - 06/07/2009 18:41 - Sweden

Today, I come home to find my nephew holding pieces of my new $3,500 Sony Video Camera. He told me he threw it out the window because it was a portal for aliens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 812
You deserved it 4 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shock98 0

he probably saved you from aliens. you should be happy.

NGM_47 0

Throw HIM out the window.....he might be a portal for more dumbasses like him! FYL.

Comments

3500 for a video camera? must be ******* amazing

You have two options. One if you have homeowners insurance (even a renters policy) then you may have coverage for the damage. What happened could be considered vandalism or malicious mischief. If you live with your parents and they have homeowners insurance then you are covered too. You will have to pay your deductible and you might get a depreciated value unless you have replacement cost coverage. Still much better than being out $3500. The other option is to make a claim under the insurance policy of the nephew's parents. If he is old enough to be considered negligent (depending on the state that could be as young as eight) then the liability portion of the policy would kick in. No deductible on the liability policy but you will get a depreciated value. The newer the camera then the less it will hurt. You can not collect from both policies. Claims are tracked even between different companies - you will get caught if you try to collect twice. Of course if one company turns you down then you are free to try filing a claim with the other one. If your nephrew broke your camera on purpose that is intentional and is not covered under the liability policy. Tough to say that there was or was not intent here based on the description. The aliens excuse is pretty lame. Best if he just owns up to being careless...

I don't understand you guys who are whining about it being $3500 and saying that's ridiculous. It was a freakin' portal for aliens!!! I'm surprised it was that cheap!

kira822_fml 0

He saved you from aliens. I'd be mad cauz on the Sims 2, when an alien abducts you, you get pregnant with an alien baby. Even if you're male! So sorry u can't have a green baby.

Xeciaris 0

I highly doubt this is real. And I highly doubt there is a person like cousin that is dumb enough to break three and half grand worth of camera or yourself to place such a valuable object in a kid's reach. You definitely deserve it if it was real.

iphonebro 0

#4. who cares? I moderate fml's all the the time but you never see me bragging about it