By Anonymous - 27/11/2010 06:27 - United States

Today, I caught my boyfriend cheating right after I maxed out my credit card buying him everything on his Christmas list. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 916
You deserved it 16 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you max out your credit card for a guy in the first place?

Comments

Is your hair really that color? If so, I love it!

at least you "cared" enough to buy him anything.. rub it in his face as you gather all your things and walk out the door

Christmas isn't about presents ydi. try doing something for him that doesn't involve money.

Well, I know everyone hates me because I have a story for everything BUT... when I was fresh out of college I had my first boyfriend ever and was really excited to finally have a Christmas with someone. We'd started dating in May so we'd been together over 6 months and he took me out a lot and always paid for everything so I got him a lot of stuff for Christmas to show my appreciation and because I wanted it to be a happy, memorable Christmas. It was memorable, all right. His only gift to me was a case of beer. I don't drink beer. It was really for him. He and his entire family were laughing as I opened it and he grabbed it and started putting it in their refrigerator so they could start drinking it. He wasn't even embarrassed that I had gotten him everything he wanted and he bought himself a gift and slapped my name on it and his family wasn't embarrassed, either, which told me the kind of family he was from. I told him it was over and left. I would have been happy with a card but I didn't even get that. I didn't hear from him or speak to him for a week so I couldn't believe it when he showed up on New Year's Eve to take me out. He figured I'd have gotten over it by then and since I "wasn't pretty" I'd just pick up where we left off. Uh, no. So as much as I understand the impulse to give someone you care about a wonderful, magical Christmas, I agree that it just isn't smart to get in over your head fulfilling someone's wish list.

Awhh. sorry to hear... and don't worry I don't hate you.

Bankrupt, the only people who hate long stories are the trolls who can't be bothered to read them. The commenters who's opinions are worth something are more likely to judge you on attitude, intelligence etc, not the length of your comment. Though that story does suck.

Thank you. This was of course one of life's lessons. At least the OP found out before she gave him the gifts, which is more than I did. Oddly, after not seeing him for over 20 years, I ran into that jerk a couple of months ago at a funeral. He is now in his mid-50s, went nowhere careerwise and was proud to tell me he has only just purchased his first home, a one-bedroom condo, thinking I'd be eating my heart out. He never married, honestly thinks he is "The Most Eligible Bachelor" and was convinced I would be devastated when I saw him and tell him losing him was the biggest mistake of my life. It was all I could do not to laugh; he is a pathetic, lonely drunk and he brought it on himself. He was truly disappointed to find that I am married, have a child, a home and a very successful career, and not because he missed me. He was mad because he wanted to rub my nose in his "success" and laugh at my misery but it turns out I outdid him by a lot. I was very young and naive when we dated but of course experience taught me how miserable and selfish he was; I just had no one to compare him to at the time. He was the biggest loser I ever dated. Lucky for me he was the FIRST guy I ever dated so it was an education. Everyone after him was an upgrade until I struck solid gold with my husband.

You ever think about publishing that book? LOL just kidding. I an glad you were able to show him how great your life is.

No one would believe it. You know, I didn't even want to rub his nose in it. I didn't even want to say "hi" to him. All I wanted was for him to just pretend he didn't see me and leave me in peace, but NOOOO, the idiot had to run up to me to brag that he had a dead-end job and a crappy condo, thinking that would make me cry, "Take me back!" to him. All I really did was answer his questions but my answers to "Are you married?" "Any kids?" "What does your husband do?" "What do you do?" and "Where do you live?" pissed him off. It would never occur to me to rush up to someone and try to upset them or hurt them or "one up" them so I don't understand that urge in others. That being said, he richly deserved it.

bankrupt: Cinn's right, though she was admirably diplomatic about it. When I've seen people respond poorly to your comments, it's not the length they're reacting to. It's the content and/or tone.  Your stories are always negative, with yourself as the victim. When you comment that way, you can come off as bitter and angry, one-upping the OP for attention and pity.  (Note: I didn't say you *are*; just that you can *seem* that way.)  When ypu expound on the story, like you did here, by detailing how much more successful/virtuous/fulfilled etc. you are now than whoever hurt you, it makes you seem smug, petty, and vengeful. (Victimizing yourself by saying "everyone hates me because I have a story for everything" doesn't help, BTW.) Tl;dr: Not everyone hates you, bankrupt, but if some people dislike you or your posts, maybe they have a reason for it.                     

Yes yes, poor you, I'm a bitch. Look, despite what you may think, I'm not trying to just dump on you. I don't have that rep around here because I don't make comments like that often. Even in my earlier comment, I tried to be respectful and give you the BOTD. I wrote it because you seem to want to be involved in this particular community, or else you wouldn't bother to post, or care what others thought of you. You're mistaken about why that isn't happening. I tried to help you out subtly by PMing you, but that didn't help. I thought I'd try a different approach.  

how can someones hair really be blue.. -.-

durdurdur ... I was asking if it was dyed or a wig. You people are the retards for even thinking I would imply she was born with blue hair. We don't live in an anime.

your retarded^ you should have specified by asking " is that a wig? Or did you just dye your hair?"