By Just Me - 26/07/2012 05:04 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I came out to my mom as a lesbian. She told me that it was impossible, because since she isn't one, she therefore couldn't have given birth to one. She still won't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 619
You deserved it 4 072

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, at least you didn't get your logic from her. Clearly, you are the smarter lass.

I'm sorry, but your mother is an idiot. Or she is in denial. Either one will work.

Comments

I'm sorry op, you were really brave though

Lunachic91 6

I'm a lesbian. 'Coming out' is a process for everyone involved, not just the gay person. If you've never given any indication about it, then yes, it's ok and normal for your family and friends and coworkers to have to work it out emotionally for themselves for a minute. It doesn't mean that they aren't accepting, it means they are having a human reaction. If mom still has problems adjusting after a bit, recommend her to check out PFLAG. (Parents And Friends Of Lesbians and Gays).

Thank you. While I understand that OP's mom's reaction must be upsetting to her, I think people are being too hard on the mom here.

Lunachic91 6

Seriously. The mom wasn't mean or abusive. A lot of peoples initial reactions to surprising or stressful things is not always ideal. She will probably come around, given a little time to think it out.

Lol, right.... because only gay people give birth to gay children. Some people's parents. I'm sorry OP. Give it time, she might come around.

Forgive your mom's ignorance, I'm sure with time she'll understand.

I don't even know what to say to that. I guess talk to one of those LGBT support groups, maybe they'll have a good idea of how to combat your mum's crazy. Good luck, really good luck. : /

Your mother is abit slow and/or thick

osm1989_fml 6

Michaelcortez, you should not have children if that is the case. I hope that is simply a poorly-crafted, tasteless joke on your part. Otherwise, just don't have children.