By Noname - 17/03/2009 21:21 - United States

Today, I came back to my appartment to find that I couldn't watch certain channels on my tv. When I called the tv company I found out my parents had put a 'parental block' on all my favorite channels. Im 22 and rent an appartment with my friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 98 582
You deserved it 7 863

Same thing different taste

Top comments

spanky_ 0

I don't see how your parents could do this, unless they own the cable account and pay your bill (at age 22)... so you deserve this.

Can't you just tell the company to remove the block? If you can't because your parents are paying the bill, then I suggest that you and your roommates start drumming up a little extra cash to pay for your own.

Comments

kellster 2

57: if he's a student and can't afford to have cable, then he shouldn't have cable. It's not exactly one of the necessities of life, now is it? We're not talking about his parents helping him make rent or buy groceries, we're talking about a total luxury item here. If he's okay with being babied through this phase of his life, then he doesn't have the right to complain if his parents make choices above his head. It's part of the deal.

Isn't the point of renting an apartment with friends so you have more money in your pocket? If even then you can't afford to all pitch in cash to pay for cable...

Things like this are why one day I shall change my name...by then I will live on the other side of the country where my mother may never intervene AGAIN :D

Just wondering what channels they blocked. IMO, all tv channels suck. Never seen anything offending on tv. Your parents must be real lame. Do they let you ever watch R-rated movies?

effevery1slife 0

i hope they blocked the disney channel

Well considering the fact that your parents are the ones paying your cable bill, you really have no right to complain. Don't like it? Pay for your own bill. You deserved this.

hugh_jepenis 0

lol @ 66 But yeahh you should be old enough to make your own decisions...

So... Your parents pay your cable bill, but apparently not help you with your rent? Great priorities there. I'd never pay for my kids' cable bill out of all bills. If he or she was really pressed for money, the cable would be the first thing he or she would be giving up. And I can't imagine any parent, especially ones who would filter channels, thinking differently from this. So I'm gonna have to call bull. No parent is going to say, "Well, we know you're short on cash so we'll help out by paying your cable, since I can't imagine your life without it. The rent is up to you, though."

Sounds like your roomates are playing a prank on you.