By Anonymous - 07/09/2016 14:00 - United Kingdom

Today, I called my boyfriend and asked if he wanted to come watch a movie. He seemed eager, until I said I needed the company because my period had started. He then went dead silent, waited a few seconds before starting to fake-snore, then hung up on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 434
You deserved it 2 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time he wants something, do a fake-snore.

I'm sorry, I laughed way harder at that then I should have. Not because it happened, but because your boyfriend thought you'd actually buy it. I don't know if he has a reason behind it from past experiences or if he's just a jerk, but that honestly sucks, OP. I hope you feel better!

Comments

silvermoon5033 26

Normally I would not be quick to say this, but dump his ass. This shows his immaturity and lack of compassion for you unless he gets something out of it. Sorrry OP.

You made him feel like a tampon -- something you need for your period.

Mathalamus 24

i would gladly be a tampon, if it makes the girl happy. tampons that can hug. :P

I don't think tampons make girls "happy," they merely serve a purpose. When you get a cut, do Band-Aids make you happy?

They do when you don't have them......

She made him feel like he could comfort his girlfriend? What a total B!

Sorry to have to tell you this but you aren't his girlfriend - you're his booty call.

Tsukiyomi 16

It is really his fault if he doesn't want to spend time with someone when they are EXTREMELY moody? maybe girls don't understand what its like on the receiving end. (it is not pleasant)

Talis99 26

Gee. How sad for you that you experience one part of a monthly cycle that includes mood swings, cravings, cramps, diarrhea, joint pain, tender breasts, depression, gas, sticky blood, acne, insomnia, fatigue, bloating, nausea, headache... Once a month for 40 years or so. Girls don't mean it, you know. I try to keep myself in check. Sometimes it just explodes out. We'd just like to have our S/Os be sympathetic and want to snuggle instead of acting like we have the plague or are only good if we can **** on a whim. Sack up and cuddle. Your girl will appreciate you more.

Not everyone is a nightmare on their period. My boyfriend never knows until I tell him. Generally, if you treat a person with disdain or disgust you might reasonably expect to provoke a reaction, especially if you added insult to injury (bleeding uterus). Just treat her like a person and be kind and if it's not alright she needs to get her hormones checked.

Not all girls are assholes when on their period.Why don't you try having Satan inside you ripping you apart?Why not try having the feeing of being stabbed in the gut?I understand it's not the prettiest thing,but it's life.Theres no escape.If you can't handle a girl on her period then don't date.Because in the end,all we want is someone to accept it and cuddle us.

Women that are unusually moody right before, during, or after their period usually have a hormone disorder as the cause. Which, to put in perspective- you know that there's a period of the month that will make you practically psychotic. You have no idea when it will happen. It doesn't excuse people with those issues not even trying to control themself, but it's very rare for a woman to be like "oh, I'm bleeding from my ******. Time to act like a rage monster."

Neko26_fml 4

You're a special kind of stupid if you think every girl is very moody on their period.

I have to wonder what sort of "comfort" having a person to watch a movie with is... If you just wanted company or someone to commiserate, a female friend would be the obvious choice to me. And if your boyfriend needs to know your menstrual cycle before considering hanging out with you, I'd be examining the relationship closely!

silvermoon5033 26

Why wouldn't her boyfriend be the best company? He is supposed to care for her and be there for her.

Comfort as in: Being able to snuggle with someone and feel cared about when you feel miserable and are in pain? S/O seems a good choice to me.

24, I don't about you, but I'd rather be cuddling, kissing, and being in the arms of my boyfriend, than doing all that with a friend. Friends can only comfort you to a certain extent. The boyfriend can do much more than that, both emotionally and physically.

how the **** is asking to watch a movie suggestive? wanting to do something with the SO that includes sharing the same space doesn't mean they're coming onto him/wanting sex. it's a really shitty, immature mindset to think something like that IS suggestive because it's not but that mentality is disgusting and demeaning to the SO and maybe people like that should- Idk, not be I'm relationships, if they think everytime their SO wants to see them means they're gonna get laid?