By mdg41 - 22/01/2015 17:55 - United States - Belvidere

Today, I called a suicide prevention hotline. The guy who picked up sounded drunk, told me to fuck off, and hung up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 533
You deserved it 3 731

mdg41 tells us more.

mdg41 2

Hi I posted this. Thanks for all the support!! I was in a really bad place when I posted this but I've been talking to a professional and got on medication and I'm really improving. All your comments really helped too. I didn't call the wrong number, I called back and asked someone else for a supervisor and he said he'd look into it. Never heard anything back from him though. I just hope the asshole that told me to **** off didn't drive anybody else over the edge :

Top comments

I'm not going to even make a joke. OP, things might seem dark and grey now, but things will always get better. Trust me, I've been where you are at, and life gets brighter. Finding a support group that offers advice and genuinely cares is invaluable.

Oh wow. Maybe instead of working at a help hotline he should call one too. On a side note. Don't do it.

Comments

OP, I can assure you that someone out there loves you very much. Times can be dark, and it seems your situation is very dark indeed. I know it sounds a little redundant, but please don't do it. I almost did, and to this day I regret not looking on the positive side. Please listen. Someone loves you. Someone cares for you. You may not see them or even think that they see you, but trust me: they really care. Just think about it, and if you're looking for help, it will find you, and drag you out of this situation. Good luck, OP.

OP, hang in there. It's not worth it, because life gets better! :)

Dude, I love Futurama too, but this is neither the time nor the place. Seriously.

countryb_cth 38

Op don't do it it's not worth it. I was close to doing it once. I suffer from chronic pain and I wanted it all to end and not be a burden anymore. But I realize if I had I wouldn't be able to see my friends and family and I wouldn't be able to see myself get better. You are strong, you can fight this. If you need to talk message me. I have been there and trust me it won't be worth it in the end and life truly does get better.

Do you have a therapist? There are many resources for help. Don't give up.

Sounds like hes feeling the same as you OP, think positive, life is an amazing gift you have. Dont waste it.

honestly ignore those people joking around, and screw the guy that had responded. OP, don't do it, alright? it gets better. i know some people think different and that many who say it are lying, but it does. it really, really, does. i may not be able to promise you believably, but you are able to promise yourself. promise yourself it will get better. believe in yourself; believe in yourself when the little uplifting voice in your mind says "hell, this is bad. but maybe it will get better. maybe my life isn't so bad." because what they are saying is true!! it will get better!! this may be repetitive, but again, it will! just keep your head up and your spirits lifted, OP.

Just take one day at a time OP. I know it's hard to hear right now, but it will get better in time. Find a support group, or if you can manage call another support group. Your life is worth so much.

I really hope it was the wrong number for your sake!