By Kat - 08/03/2009 05:47 - United States

Spicy
Today, I bragged to a coworker that our boss compliments me constantly on my work performance, my fashion sense, and my trustworthiness. She then directed me to a "neighborhood watch" website. My boss is a registered sex offender. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 322
You deserved it 8 220

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jujuburd 0

Ok, how did that guy get a job when I have no record and am unemployed?

Mistress_Puppy 0

Wow, well I bet that friend only showed you that 'cause you were getting on her nerves about bragging. Also, You might want to watch your back at night.

Comments

I can't be the only one thinking it; A little hair tossing and eyelash batting, and you get a RAISE! (some pepper spray in the purse is never a bad idea though...).

mariposa93 0

11 was clearly joking. And like was already said, he didn't necessarily rape someone. Even if he did, and that was in the past, him complimenting you isn't an indication that he's going to rape you. Say thank you, stop bragging to your coworkers, and be smart.

KyleH2O 0

uhhhh bragging is bad, you deserve that.

Oh man... I have a funny story about that sex offender website myself... It told me I was living with one - that was right before I found out that after jail for the "2nd degree sex offense (multiple offenses)", he went to rehab for "some kind of drug use". Too bad fmylife.com didn't exist then lolll But yeah as a lot of these commenters are saying, being a sex offender doesn't necessarily mean anything, sometimes it's an unfair scarlet letter put on nice people that don't REALLY deserve it but just ended up in a bad spot, like my ex-roommate who's girlfriend lied about her age. If he was a rapist though you gotta be careful lol

kiit_fml 0

One of my bosses is a registered sex offender. He is still an awesome boss, and tries his best to make us all feel comfortable around him, knowing that we all know what he did. Sometimes people make mistakes, and just because they did something wrong doesn't mean they arent genuine when they compliment you on your work performance. Learning my boss was a sex offender did nothing to change my opinion of him as my boss. Trust that they wont go out of line, and if they do, say something, but complimenting you and praising you isn't a bad thing just because they're a sex offender.

25 almost has a point except depending on the state, the state government understands that high school kids date younger and older sometimes and the relationship may not end when one is done with highschool most states actually have the age of consent at less than 18 but no less than 16. Each state differs but most have stipulations about a 16 year old having sex with a 25 year old or something like that.

MiSZ3MilYx3 0

Sex offender doesnt mean he kidnaps kids or something harsh like that thanks to bogus laws, petty crimes will get you on the list and never of it. Example; Its dark outside, and you are driving around, you are lost and need to pee, you stop the car, and go to the nearest bush and pee. A cop pulls you over for urinating in public in proximity to a school, you are now just as much of a sex offender as a person who likes to make kiddie ****.

He commented your fashion and trustworthiness, not anything relating to sex in any way at all. get over yourself, just because hes a former sex offender doesnt mean hes hitting on you.

Screw you! Your boss having a record and being required to register as a sex offender has nothing to do with his ability to be your boss, and has no bearing on how his comments should be taken. Take them as you thought they should be taken without the sex offender status. Bitch...