By Anonymous - 03/09/2014 22:30 - United States - Phillipsburg

Today, I begged a coworker to let me borrow her lighter for my smoke break, since I'd lost mine. She was reluctant because of my track record of losing the darn things. After my break I stopped to use the restroom really quick, and promptly dropped the lighter into the toilet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 049
You deserved it 36 167

Same thing different taste

Comments

am I the only person who considered OP wasn't smoking a cig but maybe a bowl. everyone just rushed in to drop their valuable opinions in how they feel about cigarettes.

BoriquaLove293 25
Shadow9876 19

This is the universe telling you it's time to stop smoking.

Choosing to smoke is not a bright idea, but I don't think it should be illegal. I work in a hospital, and I see the aftereffects all the time. So many people dying young. So many people out in their wheelchairs because they can't get past the addiction. Also, so much trouble for the staff because they insist on their right to smoke and cause inconvenience to everyone around. And extra hospital bills. Also, although I live in the states, the hospital I work at cannot legally turn someone away. So many people are being treated for free, and taxpayers get the bill. It's just a very unfortunate thing. On the other hand, when something truly shitty happens- a cigarette can really calm me down. So temporarily helpful, at least for me. It can just be a very selfish habit to have and it would be great if people saw it that way and stopped to try to make the world better for everyone.