By hairstylistprobs - 23/06/2015 03:13 - United States

Today, I attended my best friend's wedding. Instead of throwing her bouquet, she turned around and handed it to me. I was the only single lady out of 150 guests. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 358
You deserved it 2 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dangerousreaper 13

You may be single, but at least you now have a free bouquet with none of the effort of wrestling over it

Well... at least you got the bouquet...

Comments

You don't have to rush into something, especially if you're not ready. Just because you were the only "single" person there, doesn't mean you weren't looking. It takes time to find the right person to have a relationship with.

Exactly. Plus, it's statistically unlikely and your friend might have just given it to you because she wanted you to have it, because believe it or not, you're in the majority: "Some 124.6 million Americans were single in August, 50.2 percent of those who were 16 years or older, according to data used by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in its monthly job-market report. That percentage had been hovering just below 50 percent since about the beginning of 2013 before edging above it in July and August. In 1976, it was 37.4 percent and has been trending upward since." Basically, just slightly more than half of all US citizens classify themselves as single. So, don't worry too much about it; it's virtually normal now. :)

I can believe that. I mean, I'm single. I just want to get my life situated before I commit my life into a relationship.

lily05_fml 16

Many people rush into marriage and later regret it there is nothing wrong with being single it can be a great time for self discovery.

No more single ladies, no more single ladies! Now putcha hands up!

Not necessarily, I have never had a girl friend in my life but I still enjoy my life

yea that's awkward but then, at least all the single guys out there know who's available?

LazyLion 12

All the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies #Beyonce

vicky_P 3

I was at a wedding recently seated at a table with 4 couples. Later I found out that the bride graciously allowed the single girl at our table to bring the guy she's dating. I'm a guy with no romantic interest in that girl but I was hoping we'd be single together so at least I'd have someone to dance with for slow songs. It was awkward but also an experience. Normally I love being single--it's an amazing time. Society puts too much pressure on people--mostly women sadly--to be coupled off and married. But you do you, OP! I'm sure a few of those married ladies wished they were single.

If she's dating someone she wasn't exactly single was she

For the purposes of the bouquet toss, "single" means "not married." I have a feeling the bride didn't realize that because I'm skeptical that OP could really be the only unmarried woman out of 150 guests.

It's not mostly women that have that pressure. Guys are called gay, *******, and whole lot of other crap if they can't get a girl.

vicky_P 3

sorry I meant alone together.

Being single at a wedding is extra hard for some reason. You can be totally fine with being single, get to a wedding and come out crying and stuffing your face with a bag of chips lol. It's seeing other people so happily in love and starting their lives together, and seeing the bridesmaids and groomsman coupled off, as well as all the married couples grinning with a knowing look in their eyes as they see another couple starting a life that they already have. It's a time to celebrate couples, and love, and the joining of two people; it's very easy to feel down that you're single during that time. I'm sure you'll feel better the day or 2 after when life goes back to normal and there isn't love and couples being rubbed in your face. :)

Actually, 70, weddings just deepen my resolve to stay the hell out of relationships. The ones I've been to look so expensive and so stressful, and the married couple never get any time to themselves. Plus, after a full night of partying, I like coming home to a quiet environment where I can sleep uninterrupted, which I couldn't do with a boyfriend! Weddings are way more fun for me when I only have myself to worry about.

There were wars to get those bouquets. You are lucky and look at the bright side you friend really wants you to get married.